𝟥𝟤 | emotional baggage

— y/n don't even think about running back home like in the movies .
— i won't, because if this was a movie he'd be here right now .

↳ currently playing ;; ♫[ if this was a movie ] - [ taylor swift ]↺       <<          ll          >>     ⋮≡ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ————•

[ if this was a movie ] - [ taylor swift ]
↺ << ll >> ⋮≡
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ————•

𝓜y eyes fluttered open, the window sill spilled sunlight blinded my eyes, I squinted; my hands rummaging everywhere for my phone, then ultimately realizing I haven't seen it since last night.

Oh right last night,

I sat up from the floor, and I was greeted by T still sound asleep on the floor, no stray lego pieces to be found, they were all already built. I must have fallen asleep and he just finished it without me. But what I do remember before the slumber took over was that we were having fun and for a moment I didn't have to think about the unknown I was about to face, tomorrow. Exactly tomorrow will be my flight to Paris. New beginnings are always frightening, but I am undeniably excited.

I stretched my arms in the air, now standing up; I wonder where dad is, I ambled to the kitchen to find a little orange post-it note on the fridge, his handwriting scribes 'Gone for groceries, be back in a bit.'

Now I really need to find my phone because, a) we are out of frosted flakes, b) I want to spend time with the girls and Tyler before I leave, and c).

There's a C in this I swear, it's in the back of my head—it's been bothering me since yesterday but I just can't seem to remember what that was. Feels important too. I stand here like an idiot trying to recall what I'm suppose to remember.

Oh well.

I mean I'll remember it eventually, I went back to the living room to scrutinize the little figure he built, then I saw the little Mr. Gold man on top of it. Oh I remember him being so excited to find that gem in the bulk bag, because he said apparently it's rare and its value in the market at the moment is high, I wish I recorded him jumping up and down like he won the lottery, I snorted as I reminisced.

No but seriously, what was I suppose to remember? It really does seem important.

A knock broke my train of thoughts, I bet it's dad and he left the keys again. I ran to the foyer and instantly opened the door, because who else would be knocking at eight in the morning.

"What are you doing back home so soon, I was just about to text you on cereal but I can't find my pho—" I was looking down fixing the rug on the floor, and when I looked up It wasn't dad.