are there still beautiful things?

Ever since that day they were inseparable they couldn't really hang out like normal kids, because of his father and her mother so they just come to the place they first met and Emily will bring her toys, her tea cups and little blankets.
Aaron tried to explain to her that he is a big boy he doesn't like playing tea parties games but she was so so stubborn more stubborn than the ropes holding his swing! He thought to himself
and after really short convincing from her she won and manage to make him sit with her.

Aaron really liked spending time with her, he knew Emily was five and his friends will likely laugh at him if they knew but he felt responsible for her, since the day he found her crying it was like he needed to make sure she's safe and happy maybe that's why she is so successful in convincing him doing all of those little tea parties, she was so innocent so naive her questions were always so straightforward like when she asked him about the bruises on his wrist

"what happened to your hand?" she was so quick to believe him when he said he fell, not even giving it a second thought and pouring herself another cup of fake tea. It almost made him smile.

Aaron also started teaching her about the stars, the name of flowers about the moon and saturn about the fact that he is going to be a big brother! he felt good, he liked to think he enjoys her company because she is like an escape from his life but maybe that was only part of the reason maybe he liked spending time with her because he knew he will never be strong enough to protect his mother from his father the way he can protect Emily.

She was only five he was ten and he knew that he can make sure she won't be sad, he couldn't say the same about his mother, he felt like if he can help Emily now he will not be so scared when his brother will come to the world if he can protect her now he will definitely be able to do the same for his little brother, he won't let his father treat his brother like he treated him.

that made him feel hopeful like he won't always be running away from his father's beating like a little kid. That's how much impact those meetings with Emily had.

____

Aaron pushed those memories away it won't do him any good especially when he doesn't even remember her face he tighten his grip on Haley's body focusing on her, on his beautiful girlfriend
He was happy.

maybe there are still beautiful things after all.

____
We are done with Aaron's memories!