and my words shoot to kill when i'm mad

"So how are you" Dave asked him as they left the morgue they needed to get to the station and share the information with the rest of the team.
"I'm fine" he answered shortly
"come on don't give me that I know you" Dave stopped walking
"I signed the divorce papers" Aaron admitted and continued walking
"and you regret that?" Dave asked and increased the speed of his pace trying to reduce the gap created between them by his sudden stop.

"I'm not"

"so what's up with that face?" Aaron sighed he didn't regret finalising the divorce but recently the memories of Haley's strange behaviour occupied his mind, he couldn't sleep remembering the strange calls, the way she dressed late at night, he decided he'll tell that to Dave after all he was his closest friend the only one he'll feel comfortable with telling him something so private and maybe the only one who could put some logic into his head.

"And you think she cheated?" Dave asked after Aaron told him about the period before Haley left

"I don't know" Aaron said, he knew now that even before she left their relationship got the the point of no return they couldn't fix it even if he would've left the BAU there was nothing to left to repair

"she is the mother of my child I don't want to think she is capable of doing something like this."

"I don't know if it was a divorce lawyer or someone else I don't want or need to know because both of those possibilities means she gave up on us" it made Aaron realise it wasn't his job that bothered her, she didn't want him anymore it was her decision.

"And Emily?" Dave asked "What about her?" Aaron raised his eyebrows
"well it's obvious there's something so don't try to deny it what's going on between you two?" Aaron let out a humourless laugh he just revealed to him that he divorced his wife and he asks him about Emily? What was he thinking?

"I treat Prentiss the same way I treat any other member of our team" he said

"right Prentiss" Dave repeated
"I saw you in Montana you wouldn't leave her side the entire case, you sent me and Reid away so you two could stay alone"

Aaron wasn't aware of the way his face changed when he looked at her, how he smiles softly and his facial features relax when she laughed it was so obvious to Dave.

Neither of them were aware the looks they were sending to each other were noticeable.

"I've been away but I still know you and the way you look at her is different" Aaron didn't answer they got to the car and he immediately entered it, Dave did the same and buckled himself up ignoring his silence

"She was the ex wasn't she?" He said like he found the missing piece of a puzzle he tried to solve for years, he knew Aaron still feels something to her.

"Dave." His voice low, raw with emotions, he didn't need Dave to remind him about his past with Emily it's not like he stopped ever thinking about her, it was unforgettable.

And he hated the fact Dave did it in a middle of a case, he didn't want to think of her now.

"Things might change I accepted that but you haven't. you can't" Aaron didn't look at him he started the car and drove, his eyes on the road not turning from it for a second.