"𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐍" - but i knew you

1990

Aaron is 25 still working for the ambassador
Emily is 20 studying at Yale

"I love you too, forever" that's what he promised her last year right before she left to Yale she found it hard to believe him Emily thought there won't really be any forever she thought he would leave her like everyone else did. she never told him that- and now a year later when he's right next to her holding her she felt like she's finally at ease, she started to believed it will be forever.

They couldn't always be together because of the distance but like she said they made it work, they visited each other when they could, on holidays or when she visited her mother and in the limited time they had they managed to find a lot to do, little walks, late night driving, bars (that Emily insisted them to go to) old pools where they were tossing pennies into, movies restaurants or just stay home dance or hold each other, with every visit their love just grew more maybe it was just the distance that made them realise how much they loved each other.

Aaron was still working for her mother although he'll be leaving that soon, they talked a lot about the future they both were interested in law enforcement, he was studying law before but he was thinking about joining the FBI, Emily wasn't sure yet but she did know she hated politics and she'll do anything to avoid anything remotely close to that.

they always enjoyed their time together- like today they were sitting in a park with cups of coffee and warm cookies it was a nice day but Emily couldn't shake the feeling that came and sneaked into her heart and mind, she felt like it's all so temporary like it'll be over soon and she hated that feeling because she knew Aaron loved her he would never leave right? but the feeling just didn't go away Emily felt like she grew a new shadow that kept taking the space of her original one- it just followed her everywhere.

"You are doing it again" he said separating her hands and holding them with his, she smiled at him, she was picking her nails when she was nervous she might've been too deep in her thoughts to noticed

"what are you thinking about" he asked concerned "nothing really I'm just upset I'll have to leave again tomorrow..." she said not looking at him she would've start picking her nails again if he hadn't hold her hands

"I know that, me too" he said kissing her hands "but I know there's more to that" he said, unconsciously stroking her hair she loved when he did that, she really did loved him

"I promise that's all there is, Hotch" she said smiling

and before he could react to her calling him Hotch she kissed him, putting a pleasantly sweet obstruct in his way to respond, preventing him from thinking about it any further, she really didn't want him to know about her fears not today if she can help it, not ever.

So here we are the first part! Tell me what do you think! Next part is going to be a kinda soft Hotchniss moment where they talk about their part (Hayley and Rome) so be ready:)