Oh, can we just get a pause?

Honestly this was supposed to be a part of the last chapter but it was too long so I split it.
I hope you'll enjoy it<3

The BAU decided they're going to storm the compound at 3 a.m so they shared that with Reid by leaving a notes on the fried chickens they gave them and they made contact with Emily after she caught their attention by painfully raising her tied legs to the window and repeatedly talked to them they answered back by using a sniper riffle red light that's how she understood what they were trying to tell her, she heard steps and lay back down on the bed.

Since he left her and she was placed back on the bed every little noise made her scared she stared at the door terrified. Ready for the moment he'll burst into the room and finish what he started.

Kathy was assigned to care of Emily, she first came and cleaned her wounds but Emily scare her away by implying she made the phone call, she wasn't planning on doing that again at least not right away.

Kathy helped her get up she didn't say anything about her new wounds and the blood on her shirt she gave her some water Emily couldn't drink a lot because swallowing was too painful so she just took a sip and lay back again Kathy stroked her messy hair in a motherly manner she smiled softly at her she looked down at her turn shirt with a sad expression "Wait" she said when Emily moved, her eyes making her feel uncomfortable. Kathy reached to button up her shirt her fingers looking for the buttons

"don't try" Emily said Kathy's fingers froze still holding her shirt she looked up to her with fear attached to her face "he didn't...?" She tried to say but Emily was quick to answer "No nothing like that! I think I might be too old for him" she tried to joke but Kathy didn't found it funny

"I'm sorry" she said and covered her up by bringing the two edges of the shirt together she couldn't sew it but it made Emily feel a lot more comfortable

"don't be" Kathy didn't say anything and Emily was starting to get annoyed she felt like she was pitying her she hated that so she did what she was best at and changed the subject it wasn't about her anymore and it made her feel more in control.

"Cyrus is planning a mass suicide. And you made that 911 call." Emily said confronting her about it, she didn't feel like waiting for her to confirm it what she already knew. They needed to get the women and children out of there before the team is coming.

"This is all my fault." She whispered confirming her suspicions "None of this would have happened if I hadn't of made that call." Kathy continued

"You were trying to protect your daughter." Emily didn't blame Kathy she was doing the right thing. She felt the words that just left her mouth sent chills down her spine it was something she wished her mother did but instead she hired a nanny and made her pretend she forgot everything.

"There were other girls before jessie. He--he would marry them In secret, and after a while he'd take another, and we weren't permitted to speak of it." Kathy started to reveal the reason why she called 911, she wanted to run with Jessica when she asked for her consent to marry Cyrus but she was scared she won't go.

Jessica worshiped him Emily didn't say it to Kathy but she believed Jessica was absolutely brainwashed Kathy wanted to save her but Emily wasn't sure it was possible she felt like there was no way back from the amount of manipulation they endured in the cult and that she must've experienced in private.

"I can give you another chance." Emily started

"The FBI is coming here at 3 a.m. I need you to gather Jessica, the kids, The other women get them into the basement just before 3 a.m." she told her their plan she was stuck there and Kathy was their only option and she somehow trusted her

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I have faith that you are a strong Enough woman to do the right thing for jessica." Even after Kathy refused and run away again Emily wasn't scared she'll tell Cyrus she believed that if Kathy was brave enough to call she'll do everything she can to save her daughter and the women and kids of their group.

_
And Emily was right Kathy showed up again and freed Emily both of them leading the women and children to the tunnel. "Emily, you all right?" Derek asked concerned his eyes running up and down her body like he was trying to imagine how she looked before Cyrus attacked her.

Her new state making both him and Rossi worried the side of her shirt bloody and her sleeves torn she was barely walking.

Emily hated this it was the same look Kathy gave her "They've wired explosives." She said ignoring Derek's question there were more important things to worry about.

"We gotta get you out of here." Derek said which made Emily immediately refuse "No. We've gotta get Reid!" Emily thought about the fact that he spent the entire day with him and he's with him right now he wasn't safe what if he found out Reid was lying too?.

"Prentiss, I will get reid." Dave said trying to convince her to go her condition didn't look good and she was bleeding. Just when she was about to insist again Jessica realised what's happening and run to be with Cyrus.

Kathy immediately tried to stop her which was useless because she was already out of sight she would've gone after her if Derek and Emily hadn't stopped her. They both were led out of the tunnel by Dave and this time Emily didn't resist. Just when they saved Reid and took down Cyrus and his followers Jessica showed up and finished what her husband started causing the entire compound to explode.

_
He watched her walking out of the burning compound struggling and limping looking for Morgan and Reid her shirt bloody and ruined exposing bruises on her chest area there was nothing he wanted more than to run towards her, wrap her in his arms and make sure she sees a doctor but Aaron felt like he was paralyzed.

For a small moment he managed to establish eye contact with her that gave him the power to step towards her but she backed warily away from him and broke their eye contact.

Emily didn't looked at him again that night.

She went and searched for Reid and Morgan with her eyes instead. She stared at the compound the smoke and fire almost blinding her Emily felt the panic and the guilt for leaving them filling her insides it got worse but after a couple of minutes which felt like a century she saw their two figures, Reid and Morgan were alive.

Her panic disappearing slowly along with the smoke that surrounded her friends she let out a sigh of relief.

Aaron watched as she hugged Reid and Morgan he wished with his entire being that he could do the same but it wasn't possible not when she couldn't even look at him.

He felt like he was right to blame himself all along and that Emily was avoiding his eyes because she was doing the same, He couldn't blame her.

The guilt he felt was so heavy it came like the waves, every time he managed to get his head above the water with a moment of relief to see she was alive he got hit again with that same feeling- guilt and it did not stop.

she didn't even look at him.

_

Minimal loss is one of my favorite hotchniss's episodes even though there were like no scenes of them at all it was filled with them at the same time. The way Aaron reacted to her beating and the way he ended that attorney general I KNOW he was stressing they were so a thing back then.