And it's another day waking up alone

I'm gonna start writing cases that weren't in the show, I'll start doing that when Rossi is joining the team I know it's annoying having to jump from case to case like that but I felt like using the show's cases was the best thing to do, at least until Aaron go ask Emily to come back after her resignation so be patient it'll get better

Chapters:
2x17 | 2x18 | 2x19

_

She was worried about him, his attitude towards her was strange.
She could tell Reid was struggling because his behaviour remained her of her old friend's "Isn't that what "I'll help you with it," means?" it was like she was standing in front of Matthew again it scared her.
She contacted her old friend six years ago he wasn't doing so well and she tried to help him get the help he needed but he pushed her away. she missed him so much and she felt guilty leaving Rome, leaving him behind to deal with the crisis of faith she felt responsible for, he was struggling and she was the cause.

Emily couldn't be there for him the way he was for her and that made her want to reach out, to check on him, so she did Matthew was different she tried not to be surprised after all she haven't heard from him for almost twelve years. he was happy to see her but he looked neglected his eyes couldn't focus on her, he became thinner and short tempered when Emily decided to confront him about it he denied it they had a huge fight which resulted in Emily leaving him again. Maybe she couldn't help Matthew but she knew Reid could be helped.

"Reid. Prentiss will help you with the geographical profiling and victimology." Hotch interrupted and decided for them he didn't failed to see Reid was displeased by it but Hotch ignored his reply "Remember this is a high-crime area, Be vigilant. Nobody goes anywhere alone." He looked between them his eyes lingered on Emily she responded with a small nod telling him that she's fine

_
She was trying to be understanding she knew it was unlike him and that he'll never do something to cause unnecessary damage to a case but Reid was starting to test her limits

"What the hell was that in there?" him acting like he did nothing wrong made her angrier he scared one of the shelter's administrators and acted like it was needed "what is the matter with you?" She already guessed what was wrong but she knew that starting to accuse him of things and analyzing his "new" behavior would make him defensive it will do more harm then good

"what... what do you mean what's the matter with me?" Reid was irritated by her, He kept feeling her eyes and the concerned looks she gave him he felt like she was waiting for him to break.

"I've... I've never seen you act like this." Emily managed to say Reid found it funny "Oh, really? in the months that you've known me, you've never seen me act this way?" He snapped at her Emily didn't know what to say, she did barely knew him she managed to get close to every team member except him she was okay with Aaron now and Gideon and her were in good terms she even became friends with Morgan following their case in Westchester NY but Reid was different she didn't doubt the fact that he was a good agent but he also was socially awkward and didn't opened up to people quickly "Hey, no offense, Emily, but you don't really know what you're talking about, do you?" He left her she was speechless she knew she had to talk to someone about him she couldn't watch him destroying himself, she can't do that again.
Emily wanted to tell Hotch about Reid but she couldn't at least not yet.

_
Aaron felt like they're missing something they ruled out the idea of their unsub being in a homeless shelter but they still didn't know where he learned to kill so efficiently something was missing.