skeletons in both our closets

1989

It didn't take long for them to give in to their feelings it happened that night at the party
When Emily remembered Aaron's promise and made him take her where she wants, they managed to make something up her mother didn't even question them she was so busy with her important guests so they just left.

Aaron though she might want to go to a bar or a party but she surprised him she took him to her secret place, it was beautiful still in her dress and him with his suit. She didn't took him far, in fact they where still in her house, it was a rooftop it was really high but the view was absolutely beautiful they could watch the stars and the wind wasn't blowing it was a really nice night he enjoyed his time with her and so did she.

He should've left her the moment they got to her room but he couldn't and she didn't wanted him to go either so they just sat there awkwardly, the easiness that accompanied their conversations on the rooftop left them.
"I think I'll change now" she said

"yes! yes of course I'll not disturb you" he was about to leave when Emily laughed and told him to stay that it was okay so when she finished changing she came back with a bottle of wine and two glasses.

"do you always keep that in your bathroom?" He asked with a smile, looking at her in her oversized hoodie and shorts she just looked so beautiful, perfect even, her hair still down and her smile still on her face.

"only when I have a mother who likes to look through my stuff" she answered they drunk and laughed and had a great time, sitting on the floor no awkwardness this time. They didn't notice how much time was passing and at some point they found themselves staring at each other not saying anything.

"I really want to kiss you" he said breaking the silence Emily felt like she's about to cry by his honestly she smiled softly moving closer to him

"why?" It wasn't in a seductive type of tone she genuinely didn't understand she never thought she would feel like this. after Rome and everything going on with her mother she thought she would never love someone this way, she didn't want to. there are so many things he doesn't know about her if he knew will he still want to kiss her?

Aaron gently move her hair out of her face putting it behind her ear he kept his hand on her cheek, he felt guilty. And like her he felt like he doesn't deserve it, he- like Emily had skeletons in his closet and he felt like if she knew she would pull away, he didn't blame her but he still in his mind- selfishly loved her.

"I just do" he said scanning her face her eyes and lips "then what are you waiting for?" She said, she wanted it she wanted him. Just like he wanted her "your vocation is almost over you are going to Yale and I'm not always going to work here forever" he said quietly slightly pulling away not looking at her eyes his hand was still on her face gently rubbing his thumb against her cheek

"I think I shou-" but he was cut off by her, her lips pressed against his he knew they should stop but he knew he didn't want to, now both of his hands were on her face and hers on his neck travelling to his hair she smiled and so did he

"we will make it work" she said shrugging her shoulders her hands still at the back of his head he kissed her again, more passionately.
they were both stubborn but at the end they just couldn't help it they fell for each other

And they both knew they are never gonna love again.

I don't know how I feel about this one but let me know what you think:)))