I, I, I persist and resist the temptation to ask you

I'm rewriting "the 1" chapter I'm trying to make it shorter that's why instead of six part it became four:)
Episodes 2x11 | 2x12 | 2x14 | 2x15

Aaron was furious did she really just threaten him? Did her image was more important than the life of innocent women? the team were investigating brutal killings of prostitutes near the capitol and she was willing to stop them, Aaron was angry at the congresswoman but he also knew she was right the team cannot join an investigation unless they are invited by the local enforcement agency, and he knew that as much as he hated politics he needs to wait. at least for now. He was still angry when he watched her leave his office not missing the way she stopped at Emily's desk, talking and hugging her. that scene made his suspicions towards Emily's arrival grow, he really needed to look into it.

There was another body now and her questioning him in front of team members made him even more mad, it was also because her question remained him the fact that he still didn't allow JJ to contact the papers instead he dismissed her when she brought up the idea and he felt bad about that. But it still didn't matter what Emily did back there was out of line Aaron let her join the team he put their personal history aside and gave her a chance but now he was starting to regret it.

"I don't appreciate being questioned in front of the other agents." he told her, she wasn't surprised she knew why she was called so her response was quick "It was not my intention. I'm sorry." She meant that. she didn't want to question him in front of the team she said that thoughtlessly her mouth was faster than her mind it happened with Gideon as well.

But this? she didn't deserved it. He was asking her if she was giving the congresswoman information about their case how could he even think that? Aaron did not underestimate her abilities he knew she did a good job but there were so many incidents that made him find her not trustworthy.

"I will not put up with a political agenda." Emily now felt the rage building up inside of her did time changed him that much? He knows how she feels about politics how dare he even imply that, at this very moment she hated him. Sometimes at night she was thinking about him about their history how bad she felt about the way they ended but she was tired of this, now when she was sitting right in front of him looking into his emotionless face she realised he is not the same Aaron now he was her boss and she was his subordinate there is no 'them' anymore and Emily promised herself she'll not let herself slip into the memories again she'll not mix the past with the present.

"My mother's a career politician. You worked with her, did you like her?" She asked him Aaron remembered her mother- the way she treated Emily, how she put politics above her own daughter he never liked her.

"she's an impressive woman." Aaron didn't answer her question that made her scoff, of course he didn't like her she knew that. Emily herself found it hard to like her mother as well

"Well, I think politics makes people distrustful. I think it makes them hate themselves, I think it tears families apart and damages people" she finished looking at him not breaking eye contact Aaron wanted to apologise he was ashamed for thinking that he knew how Emily felt about that world but he still didn't say anything Emily just wanted to get out of there she felt like if she'll spend there another minute she'll eventually cry, her rage became hurt

"so if there's nothing else, I would like to get back out on the street and find out who's killing these women." He didn't say anything and that made her satisfied he doesn't deserve to answer he don't get to respond. She'll be the one saying the last word. "sir." She said it like a polite "fuck you" and left Aaron in his office thinking about what just happened.