and I've been meaning to tell you

1986
Emily Prentiss,
15, moving, again.

The same memories catches up with Emily three years after they did with Aaron

____

She was packing again, she hated this she hated her mother, her work and the fact that she constantly needs to move away.

Emily felt like her mother kept planting her in any available corner of the world and just as she was starting to adjust and grow in a different country she was being quickly plucked out of there.

I just don't understand her she told to herself, she should just leave without her, that constant need of her mother to have her anywhere she went made her blood boil she should leave her alone, It wasn't like she was raising her anyway.

As Emily was busy thinking her mother showed up behind her "I don't understand why you are insisting on doing this by yourself you have plenty of help you can use Emily." She said annoyed, Emily rolled her eyes

"ever heard of knocking? And I don't need it." She answered back.

"You are acting like a child. You've been ignoring me for days! One day you will have to grow up. We are moving to Rome it's final so stop with the attitude you'll meet new friends and you'll get over it."

Emily just stared at her she fought the urge to answer she never hated her mother more than now, did she really think it's that easy? it took her so long to find friends here and she think it's so easy to just leave? switch up the language, friends and move on? but she won't talk to her she doesn't deserve it.

her mother sighed, giving up on trying to convince her stubborn daughter to use the staff and turned to go.

"close the door when you leave" that's all Emily said as she went back to packing her things.

It wasn't long before she spotted it.
She almost forgot this pirate's hat existed, it was dusty now, it's been 8 years though she shouldn't be surprised, she made her nanny buy her two pirates hats after her friend told her he wanted to be a pirate when he's older and as soon as she had them she gave one to him. to her friend
then it all come back to her

____

This time she wasn't the one crying at their place it was Aaron, he didn't notice her and right before she was about to call him he got up and started walking away, so she followed him Emily thought it can be one of their pirates adventures, she wasn't so little anymore she was seven so she wasn't afraid to go alone, she stopped walking when she saw a house she assumed was his, she just stood there and watched, smiling curiously her smile faded as soon as Aaron entered that house, she heard yelling a man's ones she guessed it was his father's it made her uneasy so she left, Emily was wondering what made his father so mad.

weeks have passed since then and when they finally met again Emily decided to tell him her plan.