it always leads to you in my hometown

Episodes:
3x4 | 3x5
"Children of the dark" | "seven seconds"
**TW FOR IMPLIED SA!!**

having to point a gun at a kid was something she hoped would never have to happen again Emily didn't think she'll be able to do that again.
At the flight back she was still thinking about Carrie and her conversation with Aaron she was happy and relieved Carrie will be reunited with her family but it still hurt her, she just could relate to and was starting to get used to the idea of having her with her, JJ then came to talk to her she knew this case effected Emily, She tried to ease her mind telling her Carrie's family are good people, JJ was sure Emily knew that but she figured she still needs that reminder, that reassurance. Talking with her on the plane made Emily feel better but she was still mad at Aaron, she tried not to ignore him but she still avoided talking to him about the last case about what he said to her he was trying to explain himself and even now weeks after they still haven't talked Emily just tried to put everything behind them she considered her return a fresh start no secrets and without fighting she just didn't feel like talking about it will do anything.

It was a quiet day they had no case and she was ready to go home but Derek had different plans "hey Prentiss what are your plans for tonight?" He said coming from behind her putting his arm around her shoulder

"Take a long shower and sleep" she answered removing his hand and turning to face him she was met with a head shake and a bright smile

"I don't think so, I'm sorry princess but you'll have to reschedule that" She raised her eyebrow and looked at him
"Princess?" She asked laughing and collected her stuff from her desk "Yeah, do you like that?" He teased her.

"call me that again and you'll find out" she answered back he placed a hand on his heart expressing his fake hurt but he soon recovered from that

"alright we are heading to a bar and you're coming with us" she wanted to say no but he saw she was about to refuse and continued "and before you say no you should know that even Reid is coming" Emily was happy to hear Reid was going out, when Gideon left she was scared Reid will be badly effected by it, She now assumed that perhaps their conversation had affected him too in some way, maybe now he understood the meaning of Gideon leaving the letter to him and why he found it important to say goodbye to him only even if it was through a letter.

"Okay fine" she sighed, defeated he grinned exposing his winning smile
"go meet Garcia and JJ outside Reid will join us later" he said walking towards Hotch's office

"where are you going?" She asked him confused he turned to look at her "remind our boss that the sun has set a long time ago" he said jokingly, Emily smiled at him and left to meet JJ and Garcia she hoped she didn't just agree to go out and drink with Aaron, she hoped he won't come

_
Morgan tried to convince him to join them, ever since Hotch told him Haley left Morgan made sure to check he didn't bury himself in work, he thought offering him to join them will be a good change, but Aaron declined the offer telling him he'll join them some other time, he wasn't convinced but he couldn't argue with him on that.

Aaron was now home, he found it hard to fall asleep he couldn't sleep in his bed he hated the fact the house was so empty he found his restless state leading him again to think about Emily

He got tired of doing that every time something happened between them. he saw she was still avoiding him he thought she was mad at him over their case in Colorado and what he said to her. He knew it came out wrong and he needed to do something about it. So he decided he'll go to her he didn't know what gave him the courage to do that but he found himself on his way to her apartment.