our love lasts so long

"Aaron?" She asked shyly
"yes?" He answered smiling

"I think your house might be hunted" she whispered almost ashamed of suggesting it.

he immediately felt like his heart just dropped she shouldn't say that "why do you think that? he said instead, she hesitated before answering

"I heard yelling" she simply said "and I thought maybe because there are ghosts there your father was so mad" she explained

"you followed me?" He asked right back Emily didn't look at him, she found her finger nails much more interesting.

Aaron was so mad she shouldn't have heard it, any of if. Emily sensed something was bothering him so she immediately added

"you should come live with me and we cou-" but she was interrupted by him
"no! You are wrong!" Aaron rudely cut her off. He felt bad when he saw her face, her eyes filled with tears he lowered his head looking at his shoes, ashamed.

"I'm sorry Emily I didn't mean to yell at you." He looked at her "but you are wrong" he said almost whispering he smiled again even though he didn't feel like it, it made her smile back "we could be pirates still...." she said quietly

"and we can go to India! Do you remember the book we read??" She lightened up again Aaron just smiled listening to her talking unlike Emily he couldn't dream anymore, he was forced to grow up too fast, to take care of his little brother protect him, it wasn't his job but he had no other choice he was 12 now he keeps telling himself that he has to shield her from the truth like hes doing with his little brother.

So he did and she continued talking

"You only need to pack your hat and a sweater..." she stopped for a moment and sighed thinking "I just don't want you to cry" she said eventually, Aaron nodded

"then I won't" he said smiling, it was so easy making promises to her, he found comfort in knowing she won't insist on them and he didn't feel bad about it even though he knew he won't always be able to keep them,.

"Promise? She said

"I promised Emily" he answered

____

That was the last time they ever saw each because the next day Emily's mother took her and they moved away, again.

she remembered how she told him she think his house is haunted only because she heard yelling she found it funny now, considering how that's the only thing she and her mother are doing- yelling.

Her mother told her to throw the hat away years ago but she felt like if she did- it will be like she's betraying him she couldn't even remember his face, the way he looked but she still felt like she would be betraying his memory, it's been eight years and sometimes she still found herself wondering how is he doing, if he's alright because back then she didn't really understand but now...

she just hoped he made it out, maybe he found his way to India after all, that thought made her smile she put the hat in a box and kept packing.
A little more lighthearted than before.

____

So we are done with the first part!
Next chapter will be them meeting again!!!!