Silence!

Asher halted the car near his mansion and called his security to check once more before entering inside. When everything was clear then only he strolled towards Dia's side. She was still dozing. She looked so small in his jacket. It was almost like a dress hugging above her knees.

He unlocked the door lightly and slipped Dia into his arms again. She flinched again and opened her eyes in fear but relaxed when she saw Asher was holding her. She wrapped her hands around his neck.

He took her to his room and kept her gently on his king-sized bed. She was glimpsing at him with pleading eyes but he didn't say anything. She wanted to apologize but she couldn't. Instead of talking to him, she let herself soak in tears.

Asher went to his bathroom to run a warm bath for her. He checked the temperature, then came back to carry her.

Once they were in the bathroom, she stood in front of him. She was not in a condition to balance herself so she kept her hands planted on his shoulders. His gaze met hers as if he was asking for her permission which she granted.

Asher slowly pulled the zipper down of his jacket and helped her to get out of it and then her bra. Now she was fully naked standing in front of him who was fully dressed.

He picked her up again and placed her in a warm bathtub which was filled with bubbles and a sweet strawberry smell. She rested her head on the rim and sealed her eyes. The warm water felt divine against her cold and bruised skin.

Asher sat behind her and folded his sleeves, then helped her wash her hair with his beer shampoo. He assisted her to wash her body and then wrapped her in a fluffy towel.

He gave her one of his big t-shirts and then helped her to put balm wherever the skin was badly bruised. His phone screen was popping again with Zed's name on it. He quickly delivered her a light dinner and some painkillers. He slowly closed the door and allowed himself to go into a deep sleep after a feverish and agitated day.

"What?"
"They know," the other side informed him.
"know what?"
"about the contract, they also know Diana was the one who was hiding Dia for three years," Zed went on.
"where is she?"
"she went to Mehmet and Nicholas, to clarify that Dia is married to you not to Nicholas," he added.
"Grandpa is with her, I'm pretty sure they are gonna use her and come for Dia,"

"no one is going to take her, I promised Diana," Asher said confidently. They will never get her. But going Diana going alone was a dumb move. They are definitely going to kill her for lying and betraying them for the last three years.

"what are we gonna do?" Zed asked.
"We wait,"

Asher chatted to Jaxon and explained to him that he can't visit him as he and Dia are on a business trip. He missed both of them but on the other hand, he was enjoying his uncle's company. Jaxon wanted to face time Dia but Asher refused.

Asher went to check up on Dia in his room and heard faint sobs.

The bed on the other side dipped and Dia knew he was sitting beside her, "it...it hurts," she managed to let out. Asher's heart broke into millions of pieces at her wounded voice.

He kept her hands on her shoulders and turned to her to face him, "where?"

She wanted to tell him it is hurting inside...her heart but she couldn't. He still hasn't forgotten her. She saw the look in his eyes when he learned the truth about her. She wanted his forgiveness for not telling the truth when she had a chance and because of that mistake his son's life was in danger.

Even though he was sitting right in front of her but he felt far away and she missed him, his warm hugs, and his gentle kisses.

Instead of talking about her heart, she told him about the pain in her tailbone, "my...my back, it hurts. He p..pushed me and I tripped,"

"I'm gonna turn you, okay?" he gently spun her so she was facing the bed and pulled up the big t-shirt. A curse left his mouth when her bare ass cheeks came into view. Even in those moments, his cock can't behave. The sight of her sent electric jolts in his groin. He adamantly stopped going that way and picked up a balm to massage her back area.

Faint moans escaped from her mouth in comfort, sending quakes straight to the area between his thighs. He missed her too, having her in his arms, listening to those delicious moans when he pleasured her, and how she giggled at her own weird jokes.

She fell asleep, and once she did Asher got a message.

Zed: Mehmet Ercel has sent a message.
Asher: we'll be there in a few minutes.

"Dia, wake up. We have to go," Asher said while waking her up. He moved his hands on her arms gently. Without questioning, she got up. Asher put on one of his sweatpants and helped her to get into it. She smiled at him but he didn't return the smile.

He motioned her to get in the car and the whole thirty minutes journey was spent in silence. She wanted him to yell at her, scold her but...this silence... this fucking silence was annihilating her.

Asher parked his SUV near a hospital and docked to Dia's side to open the door. She didn't come out, "I'm fine. Please, don't make me go," she didn't want to go to the doctor. But something in his eyes told her it was not about her.

"I know," that was all he said.
"I'm fine, it's just bruises," she insisted.

"I promise it's not for you," he took her hand and guided her to one of the hospital rooms.

She didn't understand what was going on. Why Zed was there when he was doing the most important job to babysit Jaxon? Walter was there too. All of them looked bleak, it was heartbreaking to see them like that. When she moved forward she saw a body lying on the bed and it was...

Diana!