What Needs to be Done

Regenia wasn't going to let Berardo win

Regenia wasn't going to let Berardo win. He thought he had the upper hand, but she had found out where he kept his weapons with the help of one of his men. She was lucky to find one on her side and willing to help. Unlike some of the others, he didn't like how Berardo treated her, and the man was always mistreating her. Berardo talked with his hands, something she hated, but Regenia's only concern was protecting her unborn child he didn't know about. Ardo was so focused on making Giuseppe fall to his knees he didn't notice her growing belly, which she intended to keep that way.

Before Genia would let him harm Giuseppe or their child, if she could help it, she would kill him first. Regenia promised Giuseppe that she would protect him like he promised to protect her. He wasn't here to keep his promise, so she had to make sure she could return to him— it was hard. For weeks Berardo had the upper hand. He would keep her cuffed or bound to anything he could think of. Regenia was scared for her life... scared of what he would do to her, especially when drunk.

Berardo was crazy, and she understood why every woman he had been with left. His drinking and drug use was out of control, and when he was pissed, he was pissed. Regenia was lucky to make it this far; she was lucky he hadn't killed the baby she was carrying, and most of all. She was lucky he hadn't tried to force himself upon her. However, he did like to strip her naked and stare at her for hours. He was creepy and didn't care who knew it.

Regenia was fed up with his shit. Today would be the last day he touched or disgraced her; she had a plan, and Dante— one of the young men he had on his side was helping her do it. It took a while to get the plan in motion, but Regenia had him hide weapons all over the house. In places Berardo wouldn't look... in places, she would only know about besides Dante. They planned to kill or hurt the bastard long enough for her to escape for real this time. All of her plans fail, and it ended with Berardo beating her. Therefore, this one could not. Regenia had to get away, or Berardo would kill her this time.

So, she waited.

She waited until that evening after the sun began to set. Regenia waited for Berardo to get her for their evening dinner; he forced her to eat with him. Sitting there listening to him call her his Bella as if he was in love with her was sickening. It was clear what his problem was... jealousy. Berardo was jealous of his cousin and siblings, which drove him crazy on top of his own issues. "You need to eat, Bella—"

"I'm not your fucking Bella asshole!" Regenia scoffed out. She was sick of his voice; hell, she was sick of everything about the man, and he knew it. Quickly she shoved her food to the floor, stomping on it like a child watching as the anger built up in Berardo's face while she smirked. As she had anticipated, Ardo jumped to his feet, slapping her across the face as she fell to the floor. Without another thought, Genia kicked him in the back of the knee. He knew the deal. She was a fighter. Every time he hit her, she fought back ten times harder, but tonight Regenia had the upper hand as she grabbed Ardo by the collar pulling him to the floor with her.