Something New

Santino sat at his table, combing through the mountain of files, looking for a connection that linked to whoever was trying to restart the stupid war between them and Romano's

Santino sat at his table, combing through the mountain of files, looking for a connection that linked to whoever was trying to restart the stupid war between them and Romano's. Sadly, he was getting nowhere. The alternative was to go to his father, but Santino knew he would shut down his research before it could start. Like his father, Salvatore hated the Romano's, but he never understood why. Clarisse wasn't his mother... no one knew who his father's mother was, and Santino asked his father many times, and he always ignored the question. Still, carrying on a war for his father was crazy. Santo was dead; the past should have died with him, but that wasn't enough. Salvatore had to name him after the bastard and then look for Santino to carry on his legacy, which he had no interest in doing.

"What is all this?"

"Madre, I thought you were bathing, my dear Padre. Don't tell me he ran you off." Santino sighed, knowing the old hateful ass man probably refused his mother to bathe him so the nurse he lusted after could, which was the only thing he could. Nothing worked below his head, and if he could get hard, the man was unable to feel.

"No, I let his whore do the job. She seems to enjoy it... so what's all this?"

"Giuseppe—"

"Please don't say what I think you're about to say."

"If you would let me finish, Madre. Giuseppe Romano reached out to me because it seems we have a common enemy. Someone posing as one of our men tried to kill him, but his wife got to him first. I'm trying to find who that could be." He spoke as his mother sighed, taking a seat next to him. Santino could tell she was uncomfortable with the subject, but she still took a file reading through it.

"If your Padre gets wind of this... he's not going to like it."

"Yeah, fuck him, Madre. I'm the damn Don, not him, and I refuse to carry on this idiotic war. Clarisse wasn't even his Madre, and sadly, he doesn't know who his mother is. Plus, his Padre was an abusive stronzo. I don't understand why we would want to carry on that war. Clarisse ran for a reason, and her nephew and sister paid the price." His mother released a shaky breath as her phone dinged, causing her to look down. Santino knew from her expression it was his father's little whore calling her back so he could treat her like his slave.

"You should let me kill him. We will be better off."

"Santino, you should say such hateful things about your Padre." But it was true they would be better off. The only thing Salvatore did was cause heartbreak. They all were disappointments to him, and his wife and children were his personal punching bag, which he also verbally abused. He should have been thankful all Santino did was paralyze him. If his mother didn't walk in when she did, he would have killed the old bastard.

"You know you wanted me to, Madre, but I think I found something. What do you know about Yamaguchi's?"

"Nothing, really. I heard of them maybe once or twice during your Padre reign as Don, but never anything about a war between us or the Romano's. Is there a connection between us?" She asked as Santino slowly turned a picture her way. His mother didn't seem to be surprised by the man's face nor the fact she was standing beside him along with Daniella Romano and another woman he didn't know.