Troubled Minds

"I don't want you to leave," Regenia whined as she turned over, holding on to Giuseppe's waist

"I don't want you to leave," Regenia whined as she turned over, holding on to Giuseppe's waist. A frustrated sigh escaped his lips, but he turned to her with a smile before pulling her over on top of him. "It's only for a few days, Uccellino. We'll be back before you know it. I would let you go, but I don't know what Yamaguchi's actions may be. I'd rather lose my life than allow you to lose yours." He smiled, kissing her shoulder, which only made her worry more.

"I'm sorry—"

"For?"

"Last night. I should have talked to you about what I felt besides attacking you. I want you to know I'm sorry... I don't know what tomorrow may bring." Instead of accepting her apology, Giuseppe laughed, shaking his head as he hugged her tight. "You have nothing to apologize for. I may be hurting, but I enjoyed seeing that side of you, and here I was, holding back because I didn't want to scare you with my crazy ways. However, I want you to know my payback is coming. You won't know when or how, just know to watch your back, but I have to ready myself for this trip. And I'm sorry. I should have been truthful, but I want you to know it wasn't about marrying you, and I tried to reason with your Dad. Faking his death was his idea, and he promised me he wouldn't tell you."

"He didn't tell me; I found out on my own. After my Dad showed up at the Governor's Ball, I started thinking about how things weren't adding up. The first clue was the video... in case you forgot, he had dreads. I never saw him without them, but they were gone. The next was after your father passed—"

"And you never said a word." Regenia sighed, nodding. She didn't want to believe it was true but seeing him in front of her brought it all to reality. "Thinking something and seeing it are two different things, Babe. I thought I was seeing something I wanted to be true and... and I didn't want to seem like a crazy person." She knew Giuseppe had to understand her reason. Regenia thought she was alone in the world at that point. Yes, Giuseppe and his family were there for her in ways she couldn't describe, and Giovanni filled her father's spot until he was taken from them. In other words, she had learned to move on, only for Jake to pop up again.

"You could never be that person in my eyes, Uccellino." He spoke, and after, he gently kissed her while she smiled, grinding against him. "No... we can't do that now, but I promise you can have all of me once I return."

"Whyyy?"

"And you wonder why you are pregnant again now... hey, what did your Padre tell you about how he knew The Cobras were in New York?" Regenia was happy she wasn't the only one questioning Jake's story. She didn't think he was lying, although she did think he was being used. Still, it didn't excuse the fact Yamaguchi was in New York and planning to attack them.

"He talked about a gang called the Icchisuka Clan. Have you ever heard of them?"

"No, but I know someone who should know. I texted Takahiro, but it will be some time before he texts me back. He and his brothers are in Japan to aid us and are eight hours ahead. There is no telling what they are up to—"