Challenges

Berardo usually kept tabs on what his family was doing, but he was learning about their annual gala, which was happening tonight

Berardo usually kept tabs on what his family was doing, but he was learning about their annual gala, which was happening tonight. There was no way he could make it to Italy before it started, which made him think who could get inside to be his eyes and ears. Ardo knew one of Giuseppe's men still believed in this cause. Someone within their mafia had to hate the man just as much as he did. There was no way he had killed every last one of them. Ardo needed the Romano Mafia and didn't care what they were trying to say. He was a Romano, and soon, he would have the evidence to prove it, but it seemed like it was taking forever. Ardo needed proof to show his men he was the rightful heir to the Romano Throne, not Giuseppe and Regenia. Although he did feel Regenia was meant to be his queen, but she chose the wrong side.

Right now, none of it mattered. He needed to find a way to ruin the gala. Make everyone see that Giuse wasn't capable of running the mafia, but it had to be something that couldn't be forgiven for. Now Berardo had to see who would help. So, unwilling, Berardo picked up his phone, calling his Uncle Leonardo. He knew he had some pull with him. Ardo used to be his favorite; therefore, he owed him.

'Ardo, is there a reason why you are calling me?'

'I need you to do something for me.'

'No—'

'NO?!'

'You heard me correctly, Berardo. Whatever's going through your mind, I want no part of it. You need to learn when you have been defeated...."

'I will never be fucking defeated. The mafia belongs to me, and you damn well know it. Why would you allow Giuseppe to be sworn in as Don? Allow Regenia to be his fucking queen when she was meant to be mine! Then act as if you don't; my Padre and I were shitted out of our legacy!'

'You're fucking delusional, Berardo! Ask yourself why the fuck are you acting like a small child. For the love of god, you are fucking forty-three years old. Act like it! Giuseppe is Don because it's his rightful place. You could have been grateful and taken the place as his underboss, but no! You had to throw a full fit about how you should be, Don. Get it through your head! Your father isn't a fucking Romano. Our blood isn't running through your veins, and you are not entitled to shit. So, whatever favor you think I owe you. Take it and shove it where the shove it up your fucking ass, you little ungrateful son of a bitch... also if you're thinking about fucking up the gala tonight. Don't! Everyone will know it was you.'

Before Berardo could respond, his uncle hung up. The shit was starting to piss Ardo off. Giuseppe had gotten to their heads, making them believe he was good for the mafia. Couldn't they see he didn't know shit? What had he done for them? Nothing... nothing at all. Berardo was the one who took over New York. He was the one who had everyone fearing him. His little cousin did nothing, and none of them could see it. He needed to make them see what he saw, but how?

 He needed to make them see what he saw, but how?