The Gala

A few hours later, the gala was in full swing, and it was a surprise to learn Regenia's dress code

A few hours later, the gala was in full swing, and it was a surprise to learn Regenia's dress code. Since it was a few days after Halloween, his wife decided to do a costume-themed gala. It wasn't something his family would normally do, but everyone seemed to enjoy it... expect Giuseppe and his Nonno, who refuse to wear his mask. Giuse, on the other hand, loved his wife's costume but hated the fact she had him a hideous ass fish suit. Still, he had never seen so many adults in costume as he was seeing now, but he would have been fine with a suit and tie. Something Regenia argued with him about until he said fuck it and put on the suit. However, his little bird was still upset about it. Or maybe it was because he talked shit about it for the last two hours. On top of that, Giuseppe hated Halloween. Therefore, he refused to celebrate it.

"Can you please stop fucking complaining about the damn suit, Giuseppe?"

"Uccellino, look at me. You have me looking like a damn cartoon character. I have fucking scales on! Yes, you look beautiful, but me..."

"Is being a big jackass. Your wife planned this party, and everyone is enjoying themselves, Fratello. Everyone but you. You act as if she was trying to paint your face. Even Nonno dressed up, although he refused the mask. Still, he seemed to be enjoying himself, and our Zios are all in their suits with the mask... then it's you. Our Don, whining like his six-year-old son who looks bored out of his mind, put a smirk on your face. At least act like you are having a good time. We are all worried about what Berardo may do, but stop showing your concern." Ariana spoke as Giuseppe sighed, pulling his lovely wife to his side as he kissed her cheek.

"I'm sorry, Uccellino, Ari is right. Berardo is so fucking heavy on my mind I didn't want to leave Don mode. Even though I hate Halloween, it shouldn't have caused me to complain as I've been doing. If it makes you happy, I'll wear the mask." Giuseppe whispered to his wife as Regenia nodded and scoped the room, but now he had caused her to worry. The night was still young, and it was hard to tell what it could bring. Instead of worrying, Giuse did what his sister asked of him and placed a smirk on his face as he and Regenia began to walk around the room.

"President Fonata, it's so nice for you to join us tonight. I hope you donated to the cause." Giuseppe smirked, knowing the man was stingy when it came to money. He was rich but refused to put his own money into charities. "Giuseppe—"

"No worries, Mrs. Romano. I'm quite aware of how rude your husband can be. Yes, I donated a generous amount to all your charities, Mr. Romano, and I would dare miss a chance to see your lovely wife. Regenia, you did well putting this all together, and I can't wait to see what you will do as our New US Ambassador." He smiled as Giuseppe tilted his head to the side. The old bastard was trying to flirt with his wife like he wasn't standing right beside her. He noticed, and Fonata's wife saw it too, causing the woman to tap her husband on the shoulder with a glare at him.

"I'm sure it would be an honor working for Italy's government, but you know I won't be working with you face to face. Remember, I will be working from home, and I don't want you to be anywhere near me. You're married, President Fonata, and so am I. It would be great if you acted like it and stopped flirting openly with me while my husband is standing right beside me and your beautiful is sitting beside you. I'm sorry, Mrs. Fonata, some men don't know how to respect their partners."