The Early Gift

Regenia couldn't believe Berardo was gone, and Giuseppe did it without her

Regenia couldn't believe Berardo was gone, and Giuseppe did it without her. Still, she was happy... hell, she was overjoyed, but she and Giuseppe had to focus on what was happening before them now. Her mother's Governor's Ball was in full swing, and there was no time to tell the others they were free of Ardo. "I cannot believe you killed him without me, Giuseppe... but I am happy he is gone." She smiled as her husband kissed her. If Giuseppe wanted to make things up to her, he just did, and Regenia couldn't love him more.

"Stop looking at me like that Uccellino. You're making me want to find an empty room and fuck you, silly."

"You will not! I had to suffer through an hour and a half to get this look, and you're not about to mess it up. Later, I promise, but now we have to mingle with these stuck-up ass people. This isn't even our ball, but my Mom has me walking around smiling while they look at me as if they hate me. They all know I was the one who helped you escape and knowing that I'm Zoey's daughter doesn't make it better." She spoke as Giuseppe hummed with a small nod. Regenia knew she shouldn't care about what others thought, but she did.

"I don't think it has anything to do with what you did, Uccellino. Most of them are jealous of what you have. Look at how Ms. Grant is looking at you. That's a look of jealousy... a look of a woman who wants what you have. The rich always want more than they can bite off and will do anything to get on top— she tried to sleep with me before Ardo had me set up. I turned her down." He spoke as Regenia followed his eyes to the older woman glaring their way. Seeing her roll her eyes when Giuseppe kissed her once more, smiling and waving in her direction, was funny.

"Sometimes you're such a menace. How about we outdo these people and show them what it means to help your community? I've seen their donations, and trust me, they could've been better. All these rich people here, and none of them want to do what it takes to help the poor, even when it's children involved."

"You're right, and I take it you already made our donation. Whatever it is, double it—"

"Oh, my goodness, it's you. I thought I would never see you again, and here you are, looking sexier than ever." Regenia quickly turned her head towards the woman speaking while she acted as if she didn't see her while placing herself between the two of them. On the other hand, Giuseppe glared at the woman as he quickly move and pulled Regenia to his side.

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Oh, I didn't see you there. I'm Tiffany; Giuseppe and I used to date...."

"I don't think I would call that dating. We slept together a few times before you helped Berardo set me up. I'm sure you remember that; don't you? See, I never was the one to pillow talk, and I always wondered how he knew about my meeting, but you were there when I got the call, and now you're here all smiles and giggles, acting as if you didn't see my wife standing right in front of me. We are over the point of old flings showing themselves, and you obviously don't know the woman my wife has grown into. It would be wise of you to remember who you are dealing with before your body ends up on the 11:00 news. Now, if you would excuse us, my wife and I were discussing something that didn't involve you." Giuseppe nodded, walking them toward the donation area.