Rules

"Are you really about to line your cousins up like cattle and auction them off to Enzo?" Regenia questioned Giuseppe as he turned to her slowly with a confused look

"Are you really about to line your cousins up like cattle and auction them off to Enzo?" Regenia questioned Giuseppe as he turned to her slowly with a confused look. "Uccellino, do you see me as a cruel man? No, I'm not about to line up my cousins and auction them off— Enzo wants to marry my sister... Milana." He quietly spoke as she quickly gripped his hand. Enzo was a few years younger than Regenia, but Milana was only eighteen, which she had turned two months ago.

"Giuseppe, she just turned eighteen. Why couldn't he ask for one of your cousin's hand in marriage? What on earth would he want with a teenager?"

"Baby, it was either Milana or your little sister— most Don's like younger brides...."

"Because they are easier to control. I see what Enzo is doing, Giuseppe, and I don't like it. He needs someone his age. Why not one of the twins? Angelina and Antonella are single. So are Bria, Claudia, and Natalia. All who are close to his age, but he wants to make my little sister or yours his bride. How does that sound to you?" She argued while her husband sat there and sighed. It wasn't right, and he to know this. Although Regenia knew some families did crazy shit like this, she never thought she would be a part of one... especially marrying off one of her family members.

"It sounds like he wants someone pure. Most Don's like virgins... some still work how the old mafias used to do. They promised their sons and daughters to an ally, and in return, the daughter had to be pure. Their Don was the only one that could undo that. Back then, they thought it was an easier way to conceive. Enzo is looking for a bride that he knows is untouched. He wants someone he can teach—"

"He's sick; that's what he is." Regenia huffed, making Caterina laugh. "That too, but if we want to win this war, we need him and his men. In case you hadn't noticed, our men are a little thin. We killed most of them because they sided with Berardo. Although they realized it was a mistake, there was no way we could trust them again, which left us no choice but to kill them. You know as well as I. Giuseppe don't want to do this, but it's the only way." Caterina spoke as Regenia took a deep breath, looking around the room.

"What about Jayce? You said he had an offer— what does he want?"

"A bride for his brother—"

"Then I will do it," Isla spoke, making Regenia quickly turn to her little sister. The girl had lost her mind if she thought she would marry her off like a mail-ordered bride. She refused to let any of them be married off, but she would allow it if they had no choice. Giuseppe was giving her a way out, but she wanted to do something as stupid as this. "No...."

"Regenia, I told you I wanted to help. If that means I have to marry someone, I will. It will be under my terms. I want to get to know the man I'm marrying and date him for a few months. If that's okay with you." It wasn't okay with Regenia, but she could see her sister meant business. Therefore, she would allow her to do what she wanted. Isla had a good head on her shoulders, and in the short amount of time they had known each other, she never did anything without thinking about it first. "Fine, we have two men who'll be here in a few minutes. It's up to you and Milana to pick which ones you want to marry. Mom, is this okay with you?"