Bad News

Most would be upset if their firstborn heir were a girl, but Giuseppe was happy as hell for his new baby

Most would be upset if their firstborn heir were a girl, but Giuseppe was happy as hell for his new baby. So were his parents, but he could tell something else was bothering them. After the baby shower and reveal, his home had been busy. Construction workers and decorators were in and out of their house readying his daughter's room while Regenia spent some time with her mother. It was long overdue, and Zoey was set to leave the day after. It was hard to do, but she had a job back in New York and was good at it.

Although Giuseppe didn't like the idea of Zoey being so far away, but Jacob was taking care of her in more ways than one. It wasn't a secret; they were always on the news every other day while the people of New York had started questioning their Governor and how she had aligned herself with a mobster. The only problem was they were too scared to do something about it. Being feared by your people could be a good or bad thing. In their case, it was a good thing. It told Giuseppe they were slowly gaining back their control, and it would make it easier for him to move in, taking over Berardo's territories.

"I'm I messing up mother-daughter time?"

"More like grandmother and grandchild time. Regenia wasn't feeling too well, so she went to lie down. Isla is out with her new best friend, leaving me with these two sweethearts." Zoey spoke as Sienna and Domenico peeked around the chair. "I love them already, Giuseppe, and hate I have to return home tomorrow, but I'll be back soon as I get the word she's in labor." She smiled, making Giuseppe nod his head. He didn't want to interrupt her bonding time with their children; he was looking for Regenia, not her mother.

Quietly Giuseppe ventures off to his and Genia's bedroom, finding his wife lying on the bed watching something on Netflix. As she turned to him, a smile spread across her face while she patted the bed for him to lay next to her. "I wish I could, but I have a meeting with my Padre in about ten minutes, Uccellino. I wanted to check on you... see how my beautiful wife was doing and my angel you're carrying."

"Good but tired— Giuseppe, do you mind if I ask you a question."

"Why would I?" He asked as she sat up with a heavy sigh. Giuseppe was hoping it wasn't another question about finding his cousin. Regenia was worrying herself to death about trash which wasn't good for her at the moment. "I've been thinking about baby names. We don't have one, and I'll be eight months in two weeks... what was your Nonna's full name. I would've asked your Nonno, but he's been slightly emotional lately." Swiftly Giuseppe lowered himself to the bed.

"You would do that for me... for him?"

"Yeah, you were close with your Nonna, and I can tell you miss her. Your whole business choice was about your Nonna. Why not have something in her commemorate her?" For the first time in Giuseppe's life, he was speechless. No one ever paid attention to what mattered to him... how important his winery or Nonna was. Regenia did, and it had his emotions fucked up. She knew as she quickly pulled herself to her knees, wrapping her arms around him while pressing her big belly against his back and kissing his neck.