Death is Upon You

Regenia wasn't sure about the Governor's Ball that was happening in a few hours

Regenia wasn't sure about the Governor's Ball that was happening in a few hours. She knew it was something her mother had done every year since she became New York's Governor. Still, something about tonight felt off, and she couldn't quite put her finger on it, which led her to where she was now. Outside of the room, they were holding Berardo in. This should have been the last place she wanted to be, but the man was a snake, and she wouldn't put it past him to have one last trick up his sleeve.

"Berardo, I know you're awake. Evil never sleeps, so sit your ass the fuck up, I don't have time for your games." She spoke as the man slowly turned to her with a sigh. "Why don't you go ahead and kill me? Looking at you and my jackass cousin is more than torture. It's hell."

"That's good to know, but that's not why I'm here. I'm not crazy; I know you have something up your sleeve for tonight." Instead of answering, Berardo glared at her like she lost her mind before giving a sour chuckle while he sat up. Regenia, on the other hand, took a step back; sadly, she still feared Berardo, but she tried not to let it show. However, Ardo stood towering over Genia, causing her to shut her eyes as he touched her face.

"Aw, is Mia Piccola Bella (my little beauty) still scared of me—"

"I'm giving you two seconds to step the fuck away from my wife!"

"There he is... my idiot cousin... and Don. What's wrong Giuseppe? Scared I'll harm your love. Don't worry yourself too much; Regenia is safe around me. I could never hurt her. She's too precious. You, on the other hand, I would have killed as soon as you walked into the room if your goons weren't right behind you. Your wife came here for a reason. Didn't you, Regenia... so why don't you tell your lovable husband what you came here to ask Bella." He smiled as if he had accomplished something until Giuseppe punched him and didn't stop until Regenia started to yell.

"GIUSEPPE STOP! WE MADE A DEAL BERARDO WILL MEET HIS FAITH BACK HOME!" Regenia yelled as she tried to pull Giuseppe off Berardo. Although she had half a mind to let him beat the man to death, it would be an easy death. Berardo didn't want to serve out his punishment in front of their mafia and would do anything to stop it from happening. "GIUSEPPE PLEASE LISTEN! THIS IS WHAT HE WANTS!"

Giuseppe knew she was right as he quickly stopped delivering his blows and stepped back, chuckling down at Berardo. "You're right; I don't know why I let him get to me... why are you down here, Regenia?"

"My Bella missed me. Didn't your Regenia?" Berardo smiled this time, causing Regenia to punch him in the face. "I told you not to call me that. Giuseppe, I feel like something is going to happen tonight... I... I know we can't reschedule it, but—"

"But your beautiful wife thinks I have something to do with it. Sorry to inform you, Regenia, I have no allies. Trust me, I tried to get everyone I could on my side, but nothing worked since I burned my bridges with everyone I knew. So, no, I have nothing up my sleeve, although I wish I did." He smiled brightly, making Regenia shake her head. Deep inside, she wished it was him, but she knew now that her bad feelings were directed towards Yamaguchi, something she hoped was wrong.