Chapter 2 - Wedding Invitation

I walk out the dressing room dressed in white

I walk out the dressing room dressed in white. The kind lady who is assisting us today is holding the back of the dress because of how long it is.

I stand on the platform and then I finally look at myself in the huge mirror in front of me.

I sigh quietly because I would so much rather be doing anything else. What if I just fainted right now?

"You look so beautiful, dear." Tatiana walks around me to inspect the dress with a huge smile on her face.

"Of course, she does. She always looks beautiful." Cat states sipping on her iced coffee.

"Amor, sonríe un poco." Mama tells me but quiet enough to where only I hear and Cat who shakes her head in disbelief at our mother's words.

I don't smile.

"It's better than the last one." My grandma states. She hated the other one because it was too shiny.

She didn't straight up say she hated it, but I could tell by the look on her face. Her facial expressions are hard for her to hide and easy for people to read.

"I think this one is perfect." Tatiana tells me as she appears with a veil.

"This one would match the dress and it would look beautiful if you do an updo." She says, handing the veil to the lady helping us.

"What do you think, honey?" Mama asks me and I look at myself in the mirror.

I look beautiful and the dress is beautiful but it's not the dress I've always dreamed of getting. I always imagined wearing a big and beautiful white gown that makes me look like a princess. It's not like I'm marrying a Prince Charming either though.

"I want this one." I make the decision. Tatiana and my mother look so relieved and full of happiness as my grandma nods in approval.

"You look like a princess." Cat smiles at me and her comment actually brings a smile to my face for the first time in days.

__

"Eric ordered that you choose the cake to your liking, so do that." Tatiana tells me before we enter the bakery.

I sit down and there are a lot of cakes, frostings, and fillings placed in front of me immediately. I feel a bit overwhelmed at the simple sight, but I calm myself down just as fast.

If this is going to be to my liking, then I'm going to choose the most basic thing. I'm not excited about this wedding so I am not putting in the effort to plan it.

"I want chocolate cake with chocolate filling, and I want strawberries at the top with thin and small pieces of chocolate as decoration." I speak before anyone gets to do anything.

My grandma is giving me a judgmental look and my mama looks embarrassed.

"We can get you that for your birthday, Lucia. This is a wedding." Mama lightly smiles at me.

"I think it sounds delicious." Cat states eating a piece of cake that was placed in front of her.

"I think so too." Tatiana surprisingly agrees with me.

"Just use your best chocolate and the sweetest strawberries." Tatiana orders the baker who nods writing it down.

"Don't put any cringey wedding decorations on it. Make it look simple, elegant, and appetizing." She tells him after, and I nod in agreement.

"Well, we're done here then." Tatiana chuckles standing from her seat.

I hear a gunshot and I sigh running a hand down my face

"Are you fucking working right now?" I ask the idiot as I hear him fucking giggle.

"Yeah, I'm good at multitasking, you know?" He chuckles and I roll my eyes.

"Relax." He sighs. "I'm done now, and yes, I'll be back in time." He assures getting serious.

"Yeah, I sure fucking hope so."

"I will." He's smiling, I can't see but I can hear it through the phone.

"I got to go now and clean up this mess." He tells me referring to the dead body that is surely in front of him at this moment.

With that I hang up on him just as Annamaria walks through the door.

"You were talking to Silas." She states probably by the look on my face.

I nod as she walks to my side and gives me a quick side hug. "He's still in Italy?"

"Yeah, but he assured he would come back to contribute to our death plan." I tell her as she takes a seat on the sofa across from me.

"Ace, are you sure this is the best way to avenge our parents' death? By giving them death?" She asks with a worried look on her face. It's not that she doesn't want them dead it is that she is scared of me getting hurt.

I give her a smile. "It's not like you're the one killing them."

She gives me a look telling me to be serious.

"They deserve it, Anna. What Andrew did to our parents is fucking unforgivable. He took them from us and apart from that his disgusting son-"

I shut up when seeing the look in her eyes at the mention of both bastards.

"You're right." She quietly says.

"I promise that they will pay for everything. I also promise that nothing will ever happen to me." My phone lights up beside me as I speak.

I take it to see a message from one of my men.

"I'm going to finish making dinner." Anna immediately stands up and leaves before I get to say anything.

She is just like our mother. She doesn't even live here, and she goes out of her way to make sure I eat even after I assure her that I can cook for myself. She tells me that I'm too busy to probably even remember to eat. She isn't wrong. I forget sometimes and then remember the next day. I just wish she wouldn't worry so much about me. She has her life ahead of her and she chooses to spend a Friday evening cooking me dinner when she would be doing anything else.

I open the message to see a wedding invitation. It's not one that I'm invited to but it's to one that is happening and that I will be showing up to. It's just to get a bit more of insight on the Donnelley family.

It's next Saturday and he is marrying one of Alberto Alcaraz's daughters. I've heard of the guy he's a multimillionaire who owns a beer company and a few hospitals and other businesses, but I don't know anything about him or really care to unless he gets in the way. I sure hope none of his family gets in the way or else things will get messier than I initially planned for them to be.

The wedding will be held at Andrew and Tatiana Donnelley's mansion.

They're making this easy for me without even knowing it.

_________________________________