Chapter 56 - Empty Beach

"Everything is ready, we have to leave now

"Everything is ready, we have to leave now." Silas speaks on the phone before hanging up.

I put my guns in my waistband and my phone in my pocket. I go into the living room where Anna is with Dahlia and Lucia's parents. I give them both a hug and a kiss on the head.

"Ace, please be safe." Anna takes my hand before I get to walk out.

I nod but I can't promise her anything.

"I'll bring mamma back okay, my love." I look at my little flower who smiles.

"Mama." She repeats and I give her another kiss.

"Yes, mamma." I kiss her small hands.

"I love you both." I tell them. Anna tears up immediately. I'll tease her about it later.

"Please call us to inform us about anything." Irma tells me as she quickly does a prayer over me.

"I will eternally be grateful for all the things that you've done for my daughter. Be safe." Alberto tells me right after.

I only nod at them too before finally deciding to leave. Silas is waiting in the car outside and I turn around to see my sister looking at me in the doorway with my daughter in her arms. Her eyes seem to be filled with tears and I only send her a reassuring look. This time I have men all around the property just in case. I need my sister and my daughter to be well protected.

"You ready?" Silas questions the moment I get into the car.

"Lucia will come back." I tell myself more than him.

We eliminated properties from the list from all around the country and other countries. The list ended up being reduced to five cabins in the country. The one closest to us was obviously it and Silas confirmed it by being able to track the face time call. The phone is still active and in that exact location. Silas didn't even take a break or even had an ounce of sleep because he refused to until he found the location.

We're only a few minutes away from arriving when I receive a message.

3 minutes

Is what Eric sends. The GPS says four.

"Step on the fucking gas." I demand Silas who surprisingly obliges.

Anxiety courses through my body and for the first time in quite a while I begin to pray. I need her to be okay. I need her in my arms, and I want to smell the scent of her. I want to feel her soft wavy light brown hair on my hands. I need to see her beautiful green eyes again. I won't be okay until I know that she is okay.

We finally arrive to the cabin along with the all the men who came just in case we need any assistance. The moment I step out from the car I smell gas and then flames spread right before my eyes. The whole house quickly is tainted with fire.