Chapter 40 - Men Have Needs

I am unfortunately living with husband dearest again

It only took a few weeks for the house to be done. He hired so many people and only the best. I was hoping for it to take months, but it didn't. I didn't even end up designing the house to my liking. I just chose what the architect and interior designer suggested. It isn't exciting to me because I don't want to live here especially not with Eric.

Fortunately, we have separate bedrooms and Dahlia is sleeping in my bedroom. She has a nursery, but I don't feel comfortable not having her at my side. I love my daughter so much and she is really all that Eric has allowed me to have to be happy. I don't know what I would do if something were to happen to her.

Dahlia's blabbers make me smile as I feed her some baby food. It's the morning and we are having breakfast with Eric. He has been in such a good mood lately. He has also been so loving of Dahlia. He carries her when she cries, he feeds her baby food or her bottle, he spoils her with toys, and just makes her laugh and smile. I hate it because he really does act as if he is her father. My baby is so innocent that she probably thinks he is a great man when he is far from it.

"I think I may be the luckiest man in the world. I have the most beautiful wife and daughter." Eric speaks with a proud smile.

Dahlia looks at him with that precious smile of hers. He doesn't deserve it.

"Isn't that right, princess?" Eric lightly pinches her cheek, and she just smiles and blabbers some more.

We hear the doorbell ring and there is a silence before I hear heels and fast footsteps coming toward us. Eric immediately stands up in alert and then in walks Sophie. She looks at me, Dahlia, and then at Eric. Her green eyes are filled with rage.

"You're a piece of shit." She immediately tells Eric.

Sophie goes toward him pushing him back by the chest. "You're a fucking liar and I was so stupid to have believed you."

She attempts to push him again but this time he grabs her wrists. His jaw clenching and his hold seems to be quite tight considering the face of pain that Sophie makes.

"Clara." I call out, standing from my seat.

Clara and Rose immediately walk into the room just as Eric drags Sophie out.

"Ms. Lucia." Clara says, and I turn back to them.

"Please, feed and watch Dahlia for me. I'll be back." I walk out the room as soon as she nods in agreement.

"I am not going to allow you to walk into my house like this and cause a scene in front of my wife and daughter." Eric grits his teeth, tightening his hold on the woman.

She hisses making a painful expression as I make my presence known in the room. Sophie turns to look at me with so much hatred.

"This slut is the reason why you won't love me? She's more important than me and your son?!" She looks back at Eric her face becoming red from her anger.