Chapter 47 - Its Okay

Tears rush down her precious green eyes, her face turning red from how hard she is crying

I plead her through my eyes while she looks right into mine. I know Eric is threatening her through his whispers. I only need her to pull the trigger. I don't know if I will stay alive but I'm doing this for her. Whatever Eric has her threatened with obviously is horrible if she chose to keep her distance from me. I trust that her answers to all this are justifiable.

I continue with my silent pleads and my looks of reassurance until a sob escapes her pretty lips. She then adverts her eyes from me. The sound of a gunshot reverberates through the air and pain mixed with warmth soon scurry through my lower abdomen. The dumb fucking idiots holding me abruptly let go causing me to fall to the ground.

I become weak within seconds but all I can focus on are on Lucia's shouts and screams for me. Her tone of pain makes my heart hurt. I can't fucking stand hearing her like that.

"I love you." It comes out as a whisper. I can only hope she has heard me.

My vision quickly becomes blurry before it darkens. I try my hardest to keep my eyes open when I hear heavy footsteps coming toward me at a fast pace.

"Ace." The familiar masculine voice sounds so far away.

__

The sound of an annoying beep wakes me up. It takes me a few tries to finally open my eyes from how heavy they feel.

"Ace." I advert my eyes from the blank white ceiling to my right side.

Annamaria is seated there with a magazine in her hands. She quickly stands with that smile of hers displaying in her lips. I give her a lazy one to reassure her that I am fine. She rushes out the room and then a few seconds later she rushes back in with a nurse.

"Ace you're okay. You're alive." It sounds like she is telling herself more than me.

"I can see that." I teasingly tell her causing her to chuckle. It's then that I notice how hard she is trying not to cry. Her brown eyes are watered to the max.

She tries to not make it noticeable by watching the nurse check the machines around me and the needles attached to my hand.

"The doctor will be right with you." She informs us when she is finished and about to walk out the door.

"I'm alive, Anna. Don't cry for me." I reach for her hand as she stands beside me. She holds my hand tightly like I am going to disappear.

"I know but I thought I almost lost you too and that I was going to end up really being alone." She is trying so hard not to cry.

"Sorella, non ti lascerei mai." I tell her in a promising tone.

She bursts into tears with my words before hugging me immediately very tightly. I smile, lightly rubbing her back in a comforting manner.