Chapter 57 - It's A Dream

I walk into my parents' house with a heavy heart

I couldn't go to Ace's house because I can't accept that he is gone. It will hurt me badly if I were to go and I wouldn't see him there. It has been twenty-four hours since Silas told me he was gone. I spent most of those hours sleeping to numb the pain. The rest I spent crying or trying not to cry.

"Where is my daughter?" I quietly ask my parents who are at both my sides, holding my arms delicately.

"Living room." Mama tells me softly.

"Voy a ir a prepararte un té, hija." Papa kisses my cheek before leaving.

I slowly walk toward the living room with my mother still holding my arm. My stomach is still sore from Eric's beating so I can't walk that fast. I walk into the living room to see Annamaria playing with Dahlia. She looks up at the sound of my footsteps and lightly smiles. She immediately takes hold of Dahlia and comes toward me.

I hold my baby girl in my arms where I give her a lot of kisses. "Mama, missed you so much, little flower."

"Mama." Her sudden sweet voice immediately makes me tear up.

"Yes, I'm your mama." I hold her close to me, taking in her scent. She called me mama for the first time, and he isn't here to witness that either.

I look at Anna who has a sad look in her eyes. I notice the red tint around them. I hand my baby to my mother, and I instantly pull Anna into a tight hug. She breaks down in my arms and I can't help but do the same.

"I'm so sorry." I say through my tears because in a way I do feel guilty.

"It's not your fault." She pulls back to look at me.

"He loved you. More than enough to risk his life for you. He did it to save you which is what was his end goal." She wipes my tears.

"But I would have rather not been saved if it meant that he would be here." The pain in my heart seems to be spreading to every part of my body. Not even the bruises on my face hurt as much.

Everything is numb except for my heart. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to take the pain.

"I'm sorry, Anna. You out of everyone doesn't deserve this." I feel selfish for feeling this way. The poor girl just lost her brother after losing her parents. I can't imagine the pain she must be in.

"Come take a seat." She pulls me with her to the couch.

"I'll leave you alone." Mama excuses herself with Dahlia.

"We will be okay. We have to for Ace because it would pain him to see us so distraught." Anna takes my hands in hers.

"You need to be strong for him, Lucia. For Dahlia too. She lost her father so she can't lose her mother as well." She squeezes a little.