Chapter 3 - Back To Reality

The nerves are gone and all I feel now is anger

I really don't want to do this but I have no choice. I wish my Prince Charming would burst through the door at this moment and take me with him even if I don't know him.

I'm so out of it that I've been in my head this whole time fantasizing about a handsome man saving me from this and taking me away. I want him to stop this horrendous wedding. We would run away and have a beautiful wedding, a daughter, and we would live in the most beautiful house.

It hurt me when I brought myself back to reality. I realize that I am being stupid and becoming desperate I must stop because I have no choice but to just get through this.

Cat smiles at me through the mirror once she finishes putting my veil on. I don't smile back. Not because I don't want to but because I can't. I really am not able to move a muscle in such a positive way.

She's about to say something when the door to the room opens. For a second, I actually think a random man came to save me somehow but it's just our father.

"Go with your son, Catalina. It's time I give your sister to Eric." He looks at Cat who doesn't even look at him.

Give your sister to Eric. So he admits he is giving me away.

He doesn't seem to care even a little about how I feel. He never even asked for my opinion on any of this. He just informed me one morning that I would be getting married. The least he could have done is let me choose my husband. He would never even think of that though because I am sure he just took the highest bidder. There obviously has to be prize good enough to make him happy. He practically sold me.

Catalina gives me a small reassuring smile and a big hug that is well received by me before she leaves. I look at papa who has a guilty look on his face that he is trying his hardest to hide. I ignore it because it's going to make me madder. He is such a hypocrite.

He sticks his arm out for me to take and I do it without any objections.

With that we head out the Donnelley's mansion and to the garden where my freedom will be officially taken away.