Chapter 7 - Good Morning

"Thank you

"Thank you." I tell Rose who picks up my plate that is in front of me.

She gives me a small smile and nod. I stand up just as Clara enters the room with more food and a singular sunflower.

"You're already leaving. Won't you wait for Mr. Donnelley?" She asks because Eric is apparently still home.

He must have slept in because I heard him arrive home very late last night. I might be lonely around here but it's better than to share my space with him. He is still as obsessive and possessive as when we were kids. Even just a few seconds with him make me like I am suffocating.

"No, I have things to do, and it is getting late." I respond looking down at my watch.

"Well then before you go..." She hands me the sunflower that is beautifully wrapped in paper and ribbon as if it were a bouquet.

I take it with a smile because that is what sunflowers get out of me, but I'm also confused. Seeing my confusion, she points to the small card that is in the paper.

"Who is it from?" I ask as I take the card and open it.

She shrugs. "It was delivered this morning, and we were only told that it was for you."

I look down to read the card.

I hope those pretty green eyes have woken up well. I hope you are having a lovely morning and that this sunflower paints a gorgeous smile on your beautiful face.
- Marco Bianchi

I smile hard for some reason but then realize that I shouldn't because this is from a man, and I am a married woman. It is very inappropriate. I fight the smile off and I put the card in my pocket before handing the flower back to Clara.

"Who is it from?" She questions in curiosity.

"A friend who couldn't make it to the wedding." I lie with the first thing that comes to mind. I don't even have friends.

"Could you put the flower in water and bring it to my bedroom? I have to get going." I tell her with a smile, and she nods immediately.

"Of course, have a good walk, Ms. Lucia." Clara gives me a warm smile in return as I begin heading for the doorway of the dining area. 

"You too, ladies." I say looking at her and Rose who gives me a big smile and waves as I head out.

"Have a good day, Lucia." She tells me and I chuckle waving back as Clara nudges her on the shoulder.

I told them that they could call me by just my name, but Clara finds it disrespectful apparently.

"My life, where are you going so early?" Eric meets me down by the stairs.

He grabs my head gently and kisses me on the temple. I really don't like the feeling of his lips on me. I don't like his touch at all.

"It's late Eric and you slept in. I'm going for a walk." I tell him and he doesn't seem to like my tone.

"I know we don't spend a lot of time together but it's because of work. I'll try to make it to dinner and maybe you can also come into the office whenever you'd like so that we can see each other more often." He gives me another kiss before letting go of me.

I don't say another word or look at him before continuing to head for the door to begin my walk. The guards open the gate and I thank them as I walk out and go for the trail around the back of the house. I discovered it the morning after I arrived here. I just wandered around the entire place so now I know where everything is by memory.

I begin my walk and wave to some neighbors whose house I walk past. They're all very welcoming and sweet. They always greet me when they see me. I also got a lot of home welcoming gifts the first week that I moved in. They all sent various things to congratulate me and Eric for our marriage.

I think my favorite was the one who sent me these big and chunky chocolate chip cookies. My mouth waters every time I think of them. They were absolutely delicious. I ate them all without noticing but Eric definitely noticed. He chuckled, looked at me lovingly, called me adorable, and then attempted to kiss me. He somehow got me a whole full box of them the day after. I didn't eat them and instead I gave them to the people around the house.

A few minutes later, I make it to a more secluded area where there aren't any house. It's just nature's beauty and me. It is quite relaxing and very peaceful to walk by every day. The birds chirping make it even better. I wish I could feel every moment of my life what I feel when I am here every morning. One can only wish though.

I look ahead of me to see the man I just wanted to see. He is a few feet away and staring at me. This is obviously not a coincidence because he looks like he has been waiting for me. I'm starting to think that all the times I have seen him since I met him were not coincidences at all. I wanted to see him because I am addicted to his face. It is not my fault he was created so beautifully but that also doesn't mean I wanted to go out and look for him. I've been expecting for him to show up somehow again and here he is. Although, I am not sure if it is a good idea for him to be so close to the house. I would have to do a lot of explaining to my husband as to why I am meeting with strange but beautiful men in the woods. I am sure he would not be very happy about it. I also wanted to see him so that he can explain to me the flower and the note he sent.

I stand right in front of him seconds later and I notice the very faint smile on his lips that is almost unnoticeable. It's because he can clearly see from the look on my face that I am not happy. Why would I be happy to receive a romantic note from a man I barely even know? What if Eric would have received it?

I pull the card out from the pocket of my jacket, and I shove it onto his chest where he takes it. He softly brushes my hand with his in the process.

"Can you not send me things like this? Especially to my house where my husband can see. He will think the worst of me and I honestly don't know how he would react to this." I complain to him but it's like my words go in one ear and leave through the other.

"Are you not listening, Mr. Bianchi?" I cross my arms across my chest.

"There's no need for the formalities." He says as he finishes reading what he wrote to me.

"There isn't anything wrong with this. It's just a good morning message nothing more." He tells me nonchalantly.

I take the card back to see if we are reading the same thing. We are. Is he fucking insane?

"What does this card mean?" I ask because I want to know what this man's intentions are.

"That you're pretty."

I stand there staring at him. He stares back at me with that same very faint smile. I try not to smile at his words because it would be very inappropriate of me to do.

I shove the card back to him. "Please don't send anything else or even look for me. I don't want any problems with my husband or family."

I turn around immediately to leave but I don't get to even move a step because he grabs me by the arm and turns me back around. He shoves the card back into the pocket of my jacket and looks at me seriously.

"You're married but it is only on a piece of paper. Don't tell me that you are in love with that man." He is not wrong and I'm not in love with Eric, but this is about basic respect.

"Are you?" He questions when I stay quiet, keeping hold of my pocket.

"No, but I have values and I stand by them. Keep your distance and don't get any more ideas. I am a married woman." I try to make myself clear again and he lets go of me.

I only look at him once more before finally leaving and this time he doesn't stop me.

_________________________________