Chapter 46 - Pull The Trigger

My phone on the table all of a sudden lights up, ringing from an unknown number calling

This must be something that I might want to hear so I decide to pick it up.

I put it on speaker as I continue with the paperwork in front of me. "Speak."

"Bianchi, what a way to answer the phone." The familiar unpleasant masculine voice almost makes my ears bleed. He could easily give me a headache.

"What do you want?" I glance up at Silas who is listening. He comes toward me from the other side of the room, taking a seat on one of the chairs across my desk.

"I want to meet up." Eric speaks, making me confused. "There are some things that need discussion." His words make me look at Silas once more. His eyebrows are furrowed as he also seems suspicious of him.

"You badly want to see my face that you can't say it through the phone?" I take the gun beside me from the table.

"The sound of your voice hurts my ears, but I think speaking in person will make things clearer. I suggest you show up if you don't want anything to happen to my dear wife." It's like in that moment time freezes and some things clear up.

How could I have been so fucking blind?

The fucking idiot knows about me and Lucia. It all makes so much sense now and, in a way, I feel relief. She left me and has kept her distance because he found out. I knew that there must have been an explanation. I am sure there is more to this than just that.

Silas looks at me as if thinking the same thing.

"Why the hell would something happen to your wife?" It is a small risk to play dumb but maybe I can get something out of him.

"Don't play dumb, Bianchi. I know that you and my wife were fucking each other a while back." Just how much does he know and how?

"Come alone." I don't get to threaten the asshole before he hangs up.

I stand putting my gun in my waistband while Silas stands doing the same. Over my fucking dead body will that pig do anything to her that is if he hasn't done anything yet. The mere thought of that enrages me but I will make him pay sooner than he thinks.

"I'm going alone." I state to stop Silas.

He looks at me as if I am crazy, but I am when it comes to Lucia, to the woman I love. "

"He is going to try to kill you." He voices what I am aware of already.

"He won't do shit." I leave, not letting him utter another word as I take my jack from the chair beside me.

My phone lights up with a message to an address the moment I step out the house. I get into my car not wasting a second to go to it.

 I get into my car not wasting a second to go to it