Chapter 45 - Simple As A Divorce

I give a kiss to Dahlia, and I return the smile she gifts me

"Two of my beautiful girls are here." Mama's delighted voice sounds causing me to look over at her coming over to us.

"Hello." I smile and hold Dahlia's hand making her wave at her grandmother.

Mama gives me and Dahlia a kiss on the cheek the moment she reaches us. Then, she has Dahlia in her arms while calling her every endearment that there has ever existed.

"I'm so happy to see you both and to see that you're okay." She looks at me once more as we walk to the garden that I spent most of my life in.

"We're happy to see you too." I tell her, smiling at the love she gives my little girl. Dahlia very obviously loves her back.

"So, what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?" She asks when we've stepped into the garden.

"I was wondering if you would keep Dahlia here with you for a while." I speak as we take a seat on the chairs near the entrance to the house.

"Of course, I'd love to have our little baby here, but may I ask why?" She lets Dahlia play with her hands as she has her sat on her lap.

"I'm going to be honest. Eric has become very violent and just cruel with me." I try to not let my emotions get to me.

"You even experienced it and saw for yourself how awful he can be." I remind of her yesterday.

I've been extremely sad lately and I think everything is starting to get to me. Every little thing makes me feel like bursting out into tears. It already happened once when I saw Ace. He feels like safety and home that I just so badly needed him to hold me, and it felt so right and comforting when he did. I quickly recapacitated though and pulled away as a precaution.

"Has he hurt you?"

"No, I'm fine." The lie flows so easily when I see her worried face.

"After what he did to you, I just don't trust him around my daughter." I tell her.

"I don't know for how long it will be, but it's just until I feel comfortable taking her back with me or until I figure something out." I run a hand through my hair from frustration.

I wish it was a simple as a divorce to leave him. I could do it, but it would cause a disaster. It's so tempting but I'm holding myself back. If the contract is broken, I don't know what could happen to my family or father's businesses. After what he did I kind of don't care what happens to his company. It is slowly crumbling to the ground though.

My only other option is Ace. It's risky but at times I feel like he is my only way out of this hell.

"She can stay with me for as long as she needs to. She's my granddaughter and I love her. I would never turn her away. I just want to know that you will be okay." Mama takes my hand in hers.

"I'll be okay." I assure, lightly squeezing her hand.

"Lucia."

I don't look at my father. I can't. Not after he hit me in front of everyone. He was even going to insult but he held himself back.

"I'm going to go get her things from the car." I stand up, keeping my eyes on my mother.

She nods before I walk past my father without even giving him a glance.

__

My father tried talking to me and I'm sure mama told him about Eric being violent. He became worried which is very hypocritical of him to do. He told me that he would help me, but I told him that he has done enough. I almost wanted to shout at him about him ruining my life, but I couldn't do it in front of my daughter.

Instead, I continued to pretend as if he didn't exist, and I would cut him off every time he tried to apologize. I spent a few minutes with Dahlia, giving her kisses and my undivided attention. It felt so hard to say goodbye to her but it's for her own safety.

I've just arrived at the house, but I immediately leave my car when I see the people at entrance door. I see Sophie and Eric, but they seem to be arguing. Sophie is hitting Eric's chest, and he looks like he is ready to attack her. The woman looks to be full of rage and probably hatred the closer I get.

"I've told you that I don't need you or want you." Eric grits his teeth as he pushes her back.

"I have my wife and she is the only woman I need. You're lucky you're still only alive because you're the mother of my son. If it were different, you would have disappeared from my life long ago." He holds her wrists so that she stops trying to hit him.

"Get it through your fucking head that I only have eyes for Lucia and that I will only ever love her." He tells her with anger clear in his eyes.

It's in that moment that the security walk past me and toward them.

"Tell the chauffeur to take her to her house." He shoves her into the hands of one of the security guards.

"Don't touch her or even hurt her." I speak up looking at the guards seriously and the one grabbing her takes his hands off her.

"Escort her there. Do whatever just get her out of my fucking sight." Eric shouts at them.

Sophie walks away with the guards after her. I don't miss the look in her eyes, and I just get a bad feeling overall. There is something off about her.

"What did you do to her?" I glance over at Eric who puts on an innocent face.

"Nothing, dear wife. She just showed up begging me to fuck her. I said no and that I was only going to socialize with her if it had to do with my son. Other than that, I don't want her near me. She became enraged as you saw." He shrugs turning around to leave but then stops, turning back around to look at me as if realizing something.

"Where is my princess?"

"She'll be staying with my parents for a while. My mother suggested it from how tired I've been lately." The lies feel easier to tell every time I say one.

"We could have just hired a nanny."

"No, I don't trust strangers with my baby." I instantly reply and he only nods before walking away and into the house.

I contemplate on whether I should go into the house or go out, but I don't feel like doing either. Since I'm already here I decide to just go spend some time with Clara and Rose. They're the only people keeping me from feeling lonely.

_________________________________