Chapter 12 - Breath of Fresh Air

"For fuck's sake just call her

"For fuck's sake just call her." Anna practically throws the phone at me.

"What?" I pretend to be clueless on what she could be talking about. She gives me an unimpressed look at my horrible attempt.

"I'm not doing it. I refuse to interact with her again and I have retracted the stupid idea of using her for our plans." I calmly respond leaning back in my chair.

"Okay."

"Okay?" That's all she is going to say.

"Do whatever you want. For all you know this woman could have been your future wife and you just left her at the hands of a horrible man who will sooner than later ruin her." Her words are stupid but they do hit a nerve.

"Don't say stupid shit." I speak and she nods before leaving my office.

I sit there, still like a dumbass as my eyes stay on the phone in front of me. I'm forcing my hands to not move and reach for it.

I haven't had any contact with Lucia in weeks. I realized how I was acting, and Anna was right. I shouldn't get attached and I shouldn't let her get attached either. I've been feeling fucking crazy these past weeks. It's almost as if I'm out of my mind. I get the strong urges to see her, to hear her voice. This never happened before so it is very foreign to me. I guess I hate the feeling because I know she will never be mine in any way.

I curse under my breath when I reach over for the damn fucking phone. I immediately look for her contact and without a thought that could stop me, I call her.

"Hello?" The sound of her voice makes me feel calm and I close my eyes at the feeling. I feel like an addict relapsing.

"Lucia..." What am I even supposed to say?

"Ace, nice to hear from you again." She's only making me regret disappearing from her life those weeks. I just hope she has been safe and well.

I wish I could tell her how good it feels to just simply hear her damn voice. I can't because it's not appropriate and she would probably be creeped out. I'm creeping myself out just at my own thoughts.

"I wanted to invite you out for dinner." It's all I can think to say because I need to see her.

"Tonight?"

"Yes, tonight. Just the two of us." I confirm while really and deeply hoping that she will accept. I want her and need her to accept.

"Okay. Just text me the information and I'll see you there." In that moment I hear a man's voice. Eric's annoying and stupid fucking voice.

"I'll see you later, Cat. Love you, take care." She sends kisses and hangs up on me.

I sigh throwing the phone on my desk and proceeding to rub my temples in a way to calm myself down. She just pisses me off but it's not her that pisses me off. It's the fact that she is married to that idiot and the fact that her words were meant for her sister and not me. Not even the damn kisses were meant for me.