Chapter 4 - In Peace

I've been married for a week now and it has been pretty calm

I've barely even seen Eric which is the best part. I have also gotten familiar with the house and the staff that works here even the guards outside.

The house is beautiful and big but it just has a lonely vibe to it. It doesn't feel like a home and in a way it makes me feel sad. I miss my family even if I visit them or they come over to visit me.

Tatiana and Andrew have also visited but it was once, and it was to have dinner with us. I haven't seen them since then. I've been bored out of my mind too. It's to the point where I have been thinking of working. My boredom was just taken away yesterday when Eric informed me that we would be attending an event. It's some sort of event that is good for his company and as his wife I have to accompany him. My job is to keep a good image of him.

"You look so beautiful, dear." Tatiana tells me as I reach the stairs.

"Thank you, you look beautiful too." I tell her as I look at the beige colored gown she is wearing. Her long brown hair is in an updo and she's wearing what looks like very expensive jewelry.

"Thank you, Lucia." She says as she reaches into her purse. She pulls out a small black box.

"I bought you these diamond earrings that will look stunning on you." She opens the box before handing them to me.

I take the box gently in my hands to see the beautiful and sparkly earrings. They really are stunning. I've been gifted jewelry before but very rarely diamonds.

"They're gorgeous, thank you." I genuinely smile at her. I was forced to marry her son so I will gladly accept these shiny diamonds.

"Put them on." She tells me excitedly.

I take the earrings out of the box after removing the ones I have on. I place my other ones on the entrance table beside us. I'll get them when I come back.

Tatiana has a huge smile on her face when she looks at me with them on.

She lightly claps her hands. "You look amazing." She compliments. "My son is so lucky to have married such a beautiful woman like you."

Eric and Andrew appear behind her just as she says that. I'm assuming they're returning from Eric's office.

"Of course, I am. My life, you look gorgeous." Eric walks toward me with a huge smile on his face as he takes every part of me in with his brown eyes.

He's in a basic suit and his dark eyes are sparkling just by looking at me. He runs a hand through his black hair as he stands beside me.

"Thank you." Is all I respond with as he places a hand on my waist.

"We should get going now." Andrew states as he begins heading toward the door with his wife.

Eric glances at me once more before leading me out of the house. This is going to be a long night and I can already feel it. At least, my parents will be there.