Chapter 28 - Red Lipstick

I spot Sophie, Eric's assistant, from across the room just as he lets go of my hand and turns to look at me

Before he can make a lame excuse to go fuck his assistant somewhere around here, my attention gets stolen away from him.

"Tia!" Orion's sweet voice makes its way into my ears.

I look beside me to see him running toward me with open arms and Catalina following after him a few feet away. I immediately kneel a little bit to hug him as soon as he runs into my arms.

"Sweetheart, how are you?" I feel like I haven't seen the little boy in so long.

"Good, and you?" He returns the questions as I stand straight to look down at him.

"I'm good too." It's a lie but it's not like I can tell him about my life problems.

"Sister." I pull Cat into a hug as soon as she reaches me.

She gives me that beautiful smile of hers when she pulls back from the hug.

"You look stunning." She compliments looking me up and down.

"I can say the same thing about you. You are always looking so gorgeous." I inform her causing her to chuckle.

A throat suddenly clears, and our attention goes to Eric who I forgot was still standing beside me. I would have thought he would be long gone by now deep inside Sophie.

He only gives Cat a small nod of acknowledgment and ignores Orion who is already glaring at him. He then looks at me once more.

"I have to do something. Have fun and enjoy yourself." He gives me a kiss on the head when he pulls me into his arms.

It's in that moment that I make eye contact with Sophie and then Ace who appears beside her. Something in me gets triggered when he looks at her and shakes her hand. Then, she gives him a big smile as he says something to her. I can't help the jealousy that I suddenly feel. It quickly fills every bone in my body. I'm hit with sudden rage. There isn't a reason why I should feel like this, but I just can't help it.

Eric walks away and then I have to force myself to look away. I totally understand now why Ace dies of jealousy anytime I am near Eric. This is different though. I'm sure he is purposely doing it because he saw Eric hug me and give me a kiss.

"Lucia?" Catalina's voice rips my eyes away from the man I love and the women I suddenly feel the urge of attacking.

I force a smile on my face as I look at my sister who seems concerned for me.

"Are you okay? You seem...angry?" She's looking all over my face, and I realize that I might have been obvious.

"I'm-"

"Good evening." His deep voice suddenly interrupts me.

The feeling of his presence behind me should make me feel good but it only makes me a little angry. I also feel like attacking him and not in the ways that I usually do. I hesitantly look at him when he stands beside me. He sticks a handout as if we were strangers but the way he is looking at me is far from a look someone you don't know gives you.