Chapter 49 - Envelope of Truth

I feel myself get nervous every step that I take toward the front desk of the hospital

I make my mind go blank as I try to stay as calm as possible.

"Hello, how can I help you?" An older woman at the desk asks me.

"I'm here to pick up the results for a DNA test."

"I need your name and an identification." She tells me, clicking some things on her computer.

"Marco Bianchi." I pull out my wallet to hand her my ID.

She briefly checks it before handing it back and typing some more things into the computer. I wait a few seconds before she speaks up again.

"I'll go get your results. It will only be a minute." She stands leaving as I nod.

"Dr. Alcaraz a patient left this for you." I hear the other woman at the desk speak. I look beside me when hearing the name only to see Catalina Alcaraz take a folder from her.

"Thank you, Yaretzi." Catalina opens the folder taking a quick scan of it.

Fuck, I didn't know this was where she works at which only means this hospital is owned by her family.

Feeling my stare Catalina turns to look at me in surprise.

"Mr. Bianchi here are your DNA results." I look away from her at the sound of the lady that is helping me.

"Thank you." I take the envelope from her immediately turning around to leave but I am stopped by Lucia's sister before I can take another step.

"Marco, glad to see that you're okay." She keeps her eyes on the envelope in my hand.

"Thank you." I take advantage of this opportunity. "Catalina, I want you to tell me something."

She finally looks me in the eyes at my words. "What can I help you with?"

"I know that you are the only person that Lucia trusts with her life. So before I open this envelope, if you know the truth tell me now. Is Dahlia my daughter?" I stare into her brown eyes. awaiting an answer.

She looks at the envelope in my hand once more before lightly sighing. She lightly nods. "She is your daughter."

I fight a smile.

"Before you go and get mad at Lucia, please understand that she had her reasons. She loves you and she would never hurt the people she loves without a good motive for it. Try to understand her." She looks down at her expensive gold watch.

"I only told you because you were going to find out either way." She says referring to the results in my hand.

"I have to go but please listen to her. I can assure you she has an explanation for everything." Catalina seems to be worried about me finding out. What is going on?