Chapter 20 - Trust Me

I step into the company and all eyes are on me

I take my sunglasses off and look around to really take in the place. It's a tall and huge building and the inside is very obviously luxurious and modern.

I make my way to the elevator as people walk past me with greetings and welcomes.

Tatiana had asked me to come in today. She says that I should at least come for a few minutes to look around and familiarize myself with the place. I didn't want to, but I have to show interest and continue to fake love being a part of their family.

I click the button to the floor that I was told Eric's office was at. I'm bored at the house so why not have some fun here. I want to mess with him and that assistant of his a little just for the fun of it. Hopefully he'll ask me to go home, and I'll have a good excuse to leave then.

When the elevator doors open and I step out, I immediately spot Sophie a few feet away. She's at what seems to be her desk and I'm guessing that the room beside her with the huge doors belongs to Eric. I smile back and greet the people who greet me and welcome me until I make it to her.

"Good morning." I stand in front of her desk with a big and genuine smile on my face.

She almost flinches at the sound of my voice and looks up at me. She seems so surprised to see me but doesn't like that I'm here at the same time.

"Ms-"

"Mrs. Donnelley." This is fun especially the way her face drops at what I call myself.

It disgusts me to say it but it's fun playing the clueless and stupid wife who isn't aware that her husband is fucking his assistant. I couldn't care less about it. I'm doing this for my own entertainment and hopefully to torment Eric a little.

"Mrs. Donnelley..." Looks like the name is bitter in her mouth when spoken to me.

"Yes. I've come to take a look around the company and to surprise my husband with my presence." I begin talking.

"I think he'll love it. I don't know why I didn't come earlier. I love it here. I might just actually take up Eric's offer to work with him." My words seem to trigger her in a way but she's trying not to show it.

"I barely get to spend time with him so I'm sure he'll love this idea of mine. I wouldn't be able to let him leave out of my sight at any second this way." I continue smiling as she shifts in her seat and seems uncomfortable.

"Mr. Donnelley is busy. I can't let you in. He instructed me to not let anyone disturb him." She's lying.

"I'm not just anyone, silly." I immediately respond.

I'm his wife. His words exclude me. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to see my beautiful face." I walk away from her, cutting her off from trying to stop me.