Chapter 35 - Business Card

I turn the night light on that dimly lights the room with different sized stars

I kiss Dahlia on the forehead and I lightly smile at how angelic and peaceful she looks when she sleeps. I love her so much I would die for her. I would absolutely do anything just for her to be safe and happy. I love her and no one or anything will ever separate me from her.

I take the baby monitor to listen in case she wakes up and starts crying. It also has a small screen with a camera so that I can check on her. I have a horrible anxiety leaving her alone so this gift from my sister is very helpful.

I walk out our bedroom, and I make my way downstairs where Catalina just arrived from work. It's surprising to see her home early sometimes because there are times where she just has to stay at the hospital all night. The progress she was starting to make with Orion has disappeared since she is barely home now. The boy has begun to resent her again and it makes me so sad sometimes.

"You're still up." She states pulling me into a hug the moment I reach her.

"Yes, it's still early and I see that you're home kind of early too." I tell her, watching her take her wavy hair out of her bun.

"Yeah, I'm not needed right now...yet." She sighs kicking her heels off.

"Is Orion sleeping?" She immediately asks me.

"He went to sleep about half an hour ago." I inform her and she slightly nods.

"I'm going to shower and put my things in my room. You can go to sleep if you're tired." Cat picks up her heels from the ground.

"I'll wait for you and accompany you as you have dinner." I assure her and she smiles before heading upstairs.

I make my way to the kitchen to heat up dinner for her. She must be exhausted and she's also letting me stay in her home so it is the least I could do.

__

"Mama told me that our father has been spending time with Orion again." Catalina speaks as she takes the first bite of her food.

"He has." I confirm it.

"He's undoubtedly putting so many things in his head again and the fact that I'm busier now isn't helping. It's like he has had this all planned out and is determined to make my life a hell knowing how much Orion means to me." She slightly rants taking a drink from her cold glass of water.

"Orion is still young and just a little confused. I'm sure that if not now there will be a time when he will realize how much you love him." I try to reassure her. Her very faint smile tells me that she appreciates it.

"Papa purposely made me choose between med school or law school. He knew that whatever career choice I made would be enough to consume all my time so that I wouldn't be around my son."