Chapter 4: The Rumour

Glory was sitting on her "throne" if you would even call it that. There was arguing outside of the royal pavilion, so Glory went to check out what all the noise was. The now ice-blue queen poked her head out to see what was going on to see rainwings instantly scurrying away. 

She looked down to see a green rainwing "Yes, what is it?" Glory asked the rainwing now having lime seep into his scales, began to say "Uhhh... I have a question"Ask away." She replied, the nervous rainwing started to calm, so he asked shyly "Is it true you're expecting dragonets?" This question took the queen off guard making her scales turn pale orange, she recovered herself and replied "Why yes, I am expecting dragonets. May I ask how did you find out?" The rainwing sighed because he wasn't yelled at, he answered Glory's question "I heard people talking about and then a rumour spread. Also, who is the father?" Glory chuckled "Well, I'm keeping that a secret but you'll find out eventually" She said amused by his reaction. 

Glory ended up coming out with a hint, saying that they were a hybrid. Eliminating any rainwing that were thought to be the father. 

She came out with another hint 2 weeks later, eliminating any possible icewing father.

Glory was now having a meeting with sandwing queen Thorn "Well, can you supply more fruit to possibility? The rainwings are begging for it"Yeah I can increase the amount I give you we have plenty here" Glory answered. Deathbringer was guarding the meeting with a couple of sandwings who were bombarding him with questions, pleading with him to tell them the father's name. Deathbringer finally spoke, "Well the father isn't a sandwing, does that satisfy you?" The sandwings instantly asked for more information. 

The queens walked out with the sandwings instantly asking which tribe it was. Glory said "Well I've already given you two hints"  clearly annoyed, "But we want a fourth" one of the sandwings whined. Glory stared at them in confusion "Who gave you the third?" they all pointed at the culprit. Deathbringer smiled, "Did I do something?"What hint did you give away?" Glory asked. The nightwing instantly stared at the sandwings "Why'd you have to tell her I gave you one?" he asked the sandwings shrugged Glory still staring expectantly Deathbringer sighed and told her "I said it wasn't a sandwing" Glory decided to give them another hint "Well that's true, but it's also not a skywing". The sandwings eyes widened, they had just got two hints.

As expected the hints spread like wildfire.

Glory gave one final hint and claimed that it was a nightwing. 

Everyone tried to get the answer out of Deathbringer since he was her bodyguard, but it didn't work because Deathbringer found it hilarious. 

The royal pavilion was still wide awake with the married couple talking. "Well, when are you gonna reveal me?" Deathbringer asked wanting to know the plan, Glory responded "I was thinking when I introduced the dragonets to the tribe."

A/N Well next chapter will be introducing the royal twins.

516 words

-Ethan