Chapter 25: Music Cave

Joy groaned. Webs was the worst teacher. It was only the first history lesson, and Joy already hated it. "We get it. You raised the dragonets," Joy whispered and rolled her eyes.

Pearl looked at Joy and said, "Yeah, he mentions it quite a bit." She joked, "This is better than my father's lesson." Joy looked back at her.

"Why'd your father teach you?" She asked.

"Well, my brothers and I grew up on a secluded island, just my family and me," she said.

Joy sighed, "Is he slower than webs?" Pearl shook her head, "No, but he's terrible at explaining, so we can barely understand him sometimes." They both sighed, wishing that history could be over.

After class

Raindrop and Amber walked back to the art cave. Joy ran up behind Raindrop.

"WHY DIDN'T I KNOW THERE WAS A MUSIC CAVE!?!?" She screeched.

Raindrop laughed, "Do you want to go there?" Joy nodded her head. She took Raindrop's talon and started walking him towards it.

Raindrop looked back and asked, "Do you want to come, Amber?" Amber looked back at him, "Sure," she smiled.

They walked into the music cave where the rest of their winglet were except Carnelian.

"Hey." Joy said, "I got the two art lovers," Raindrop rolled his eyes. The rest of the winglet laughed

"Anyway..." Kinkajou started, "Let's dance!"

Qibli looked around, and his eyes lit up when he saw the drums. Qibli bee-lined towards them. He started playing and was surprisingly good at them.

Deep walked over to the guitars, picked one out and started strumming the strings and tuning it. He started playing. He was amazing at it.

Joy's eyes lit up at the music. "Now then let's dance," Joy sang. She pulled a random dragon in and started dancing. Amber giggled, and Joy brought her in to dance, and then she quickly turned to Clawflyer. Now Amber and Clawflyer were dancing.

She had managed to get everyone dancing, but when she looked back, she saw Kelp just watching.

"Come on," she said, grabbing his talon.

He shook his head, "Why?" Joy asked.

"I-I can't dance," Kelp sighed, Joy's jaw dropped. "How do you not know how to dance? It's easy!" Joy exclaimed.

"Not to me," he sighed. Joy grabbed his talon.

"Please, just try," she begged.

He sighed reluctantly, "Fine," Joy dragged him on the dance floor. Turns out Kelp was right. He couldn't dance.

Within two steps, he had tripped and dragged Joy with him. Joy lay on top of Kelp, laughing. Kelp's cheeks flushed red with embarrassment. Joy looked at his face.

"I've got a new mission," Joy said. Kelp tilted his head, "What's that?" he asked. Joy smiled, "I'm going to teach you to dance."

"You'll do that for me?" He asked. Joy nodded.

Joy got off of Kelp and helped him up.

"Well, just follow my lead," Joy instructed.

Kelp followed Joy's instructions and managed to dance for a while until again he tripped, but this time he was on Joy.

Joy laughed again, "It's fine. You're still practising," Kelp quickly got up and helped her up he blurted an apology while he helped her up.

"Well, let's try again," She said.

Kelp sighed but nodded.

They started dancing until three gongs echoed through the mountain.

GONG GONG GONG

All the dragonets whined about having to leave.

Joy laughed, well, that was fun," Kelp nodded, "Yeah, I guess."

They walked off to class.

A/N Well, this chapter was going to be the history cave exploding, but I changed my mind and instead decided to do this chapter.

550 words

-Ethan