Chapter 21: Jade Mountian

A/N I'm using some direct quotes from the book. Deal with it.

Dragons from all different tribes were flying towards Jade Mountian.

Sunny and Fatespeaker were waiting out front of the school, welcoming all the students.

Glory arrived at Jade Mountain, her dragonets staring at the mountain in awe.

They couldn't wait to go inside.

"Mum, can we please go inside?" Joy asked.

Glory laughed, " Go on. But don't forget your scrolls."

The three of them ran towards Fatespeaker and Sunny. They got their scroll and sprinted inside, excited to meet new dragons.

Deathbringer looked over to Glory, waiting to leave. Glory gave the nod. And they were about to start flying when Deathbringer saw a frozen Nightwing. She stared at him. He froze as well. 

The two Nightwings just stayed frozen, looking at each other.

Glory and a Seawing waved their claws in their partner's faces.

Deathbringer and the Nightwing unfroze, still staring at one another.

"Mum," He gasped.

"Deathbringer," Quickstrike gasped.

They stared at each other, taking in the new information.

Glory and the Seawing were looking at the two Nightwings with confused expressions.

Quickstrike walked over to Deathbringer and hugged him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joy was standing in front of her sleeping cave. She watched a fuming skywing and a furious seawing scream at each other. It was slightly amusing. She wasn't sure what caused the fight. Raindrop and Hunter walked up beside Joy.

Moonwatcher winced. The two dragonets outside her sleeping cave were giving her a headache. 

She walked towards the door and peeked her head out. To see a Clay holding apart two angry dragonets. A small, nervous Skywing dragonet was right by Clay, glancing around nervously. 

"It's only the first day, folks." Clay announced, "Nothing to be so grumpy about already. You're probably both just hungry." He turned towards the dragonet beside him. 

"Amber, I'll talk to you later." He promised before turning back towards the fighting dragonets. 

"Carnelian, take a deep breath and see me later. Pike, walk with me." Clay said. With that, Clay and one of the dragonets walked down the hall.

To Moon's alarm, the other dragonet, Carnelian, stormed towards her sleeping cave. She slumped onto a rock ledge. 

Moon glanced back into the hallway to see the other Skywing looking equally alarmed.

"I guess that's one of my clawmates," Joy sighed. Raindrop and Hunter nodded.

"Have fun with her," Hunter teased. Raindrop glanced at his sister.

"We should probably get going," Raindrop suggested. "We still need to find our sleeping caves."

"Alright," she said, "I'll see you later?" Raindrop nodded.

"I'll most likely be in the art cave if you want me," Raindrop admitted. Joy nodded.

"Well, me and Hunter will drag you out," She promised.

The siblings said goodbye. 

Her brothers walked down the hall. Okay, Joy thought, time to meet my clawmates.

Moon stood awkwardly in the cave, debating whether to talk to the still fuming Skywing.  

She decided against it. The other Skywing dragonet walked into the cave. 

Oh good, the Skywing thought as she spotted Moon. I'm sharing a cave with someone besides that Skywing. Hopefully, this one's friendly. She looks shy but nice. Maybe we can get along. Well, maybe not if we keep staring at each other. What do I do? Oh, talk to her. But what do I say? Duh, my name.

"Um, hi..." She paused, "My name's Amber, what's yours?"

"Moon. I mean, Moowatcher, but... just Moon, really."

Two Rainwings showed up at the door.

They both seemed overly excited.

"Hi, my name is Kinkajou," Kinkajou said.

"And I'm Joy," The other one said.

"Hey, I'm Amber," Amber smiled

"And I'm Moonwatcher... but please, just Moon," Moon said

The two Rainwings looked around the place. 

"Well," Joy started, "We should probably all pick a bed." The others nodded.

Joy walked over to a hammock and asked, "Mind if I have this hammock?" The others nodded.

"Could I have the other hammock?" Moon asked. Amber and Kinkajou nodded.

"Well, I assume the mud pile's for me," Amber said, "Because I'm the only mudwing."

"I thought you were a Skywing," The other said in unison. 

"I'm a hybrid." Amber said, "Part Mudwing and part Skywing."

"I'm also a hybrid. But I'm part Rainwing and Nightwing," Joy admitted. 

All of them had found their sleeping area. But one remained. A bed of sand was still empty.

"Do we have another clawmate?" Kinkajou asked.

"Ummm..." Moon looked at the scroll, " Yeah, one more. Her name is Euphoria." Moon said as she walked in.

As a Sandwing walked in. 

"Why's a Sandwing named Euphoria?" Kinkajou asked.

The Sandwing changed into a cyan colour.

"See now," She grumbled.

Euphoria walked over to the sand pile.

"Well, I assume this is our sleeping cave," Joy said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raindrop sat in his sleeping cave with three other dragonets. Turtle, Umber, and Seabringer.

Hunter was in another sleeping cave. Instead of three, he had five dragonets. Qibli, Winter, Deep, Kelp, and Clawflyer.  

A/N I was supposed to publish this yesterday. But I forgot to write. 

781 words

-Ethan