Chapter 24: The Art Cave

Two dragons walked towards the art cave.

"What type of art do you do?" Raindrop asked. Amber looked towards him, "I do sculpting." She said, "You?"

"I do paintings," He said.

They entered the empty art cave. "I guess we're the first people here," Raindrop said. Amber nodded.

There were three canvases with spares on the side. Three sculptures sat on a little podium at the back of the room, with another ten in the back corner.

"Wow," Raindrop awed. "There's so much here." He walked over to the canvas on the left. "Way more than I have at home."

Amber giggled. "I asked Clay to get extra supplies," Raindrop looked over to her, "Guess we'll have fun in here."

Raindrop walked over to the shelf with hundreds of different colour paints. " What should I paint?" He asked.

"What do you specialise in?" She asked Raindrop, who thought for a moment, "Dragons," he said.

"Specific tribe?" She asked. Raindrop shook his head, "I've painted all of them."

"Then draw me," Amber said.

Raindrop looked at her for a moment and picked out black paint and a thin brush. He started painting. He first did the outline of her, slowly and carefully. He didn't like making mistakes.

"Is it all right if I sculpt you?" Amber asked.

Raindrop stopped painting and looked towards her, "Yeah, that's fine."

He turned back to his painting and kept doing the outlines.

Amber got a chisel and a hammer and started sculpting.

The art cave was silent for a long time. Neither of them made a sound.

Raindrop was doing his finishing touches. He had drawn Amber sculpting himself.

He turned to Amber, who had drawn Raindrop painting herself.

Amber finished her work and looked behind her to see Raindrop was already looking at her artwork.

"Wow. you're amazing at this," he admitted.

"Thank you," Amber thanked.

She walked over to Raindrop's painting and froze. There was so much detail in the drawing. He even painted her sculpting.

"How can you put so much detail in?" She asked.

"I don't," he admitted, "I paint a lot because I like spending time alone. And painting helps me with that."

"Can I keep it?" Amber asked and looked towards Raindrop.

"Uhh... sure." He said, "I don't mind."

He took the painting off the canvas and handed it to her.

"Thanks," She smiled.

She looked over at the sculpture. "Do you want it?" She asked

He smiled, "I'll take it home after this year is done."

"Ok, it'll stay in this room then," She said.

The two spent the rest of the break painting until they heard three gongs echo through the halls.

GONG! GONG! GONG!

They both sighed, "Well, I guess it's class time," Raindrop said.

Amber nodded. 

The two friends walked through the halls, heading towards their classroom.

"It seems that we have history," Raindrop said while looking at his scroll.

A/N Sorry about the short chapter I didn't know what to write, as I know nothing about art, and I just wanted to do this chapter to show the future friendship between these two, or they could be more than just friends. Only time will tell.

461 Words

-Ethan