Chapter 6: Twilight

Glory had just found out that her friend, Vibrance had an egg, that was due to hatch this week.

Glory made her way to her friend's hut, knocking on the door when she landed, on the platform outside. An aqua and teal rainwing came to the door, and greeted Glory.

"Oh, hi Glory. Come in" she said politely.

Glory smiled at her friend, and entered to see Vibrance's husband, Vigilante. 

The skinny nightwing looked up and smiled at Glory who returned the gesture. 

"Hello, Glory. What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Oh, I came to see the egg, I can't wait to be an aunt," She said jokingly at the last part.

Vibrance and Vigilante laughed. Vigilante replied, "You're gonna be a great aunt." He then asked, "How's Uncle Deathbringer doing?"

"Good, he's taking care of the twins, whilst I sneak out" She smirked, earning a giggle from both of her friends.

Vibrance had disappeared to get the egg while Glory and Vigilante talked.

"Well.. what are you thinking of calling it?" Glory asked.

"Oh, we're thinking of naming it Twilight if it's a female or Panther if it's a male" 

Glory nodded "I like those names. I wonder if any of our kids will fall in love with each other"

Vigilante chuckled "Yes, I do wonder."

Vibrance walked into the room to see Glory and her husband laughing.

"What's so funny?" She asked

Glory and Vigilante looked at her.

"Oh, we just saying imagine if our kids fall in love with each other" Glory told her rainwing friend.

Vibrance giggled, "Well it's possible"

Time Skip

The egg started cracking at sunset, making Vibrance jolt awake. She started shaking Vigilante awake who just grunted, "Wake up. The egg's hatching" She said making Vigilante jolt awake.

They both stared at the egg awaiting for the dragonet to pop out.

Cracks kept appearing, but the dragonet wasn't coming out until... it hit twilight when the blue dragonet burst through the top of the egg scattering bits of eggshell across the room.

Vigilante and Vibrance stared at her in awe. 

The dragonet was blue with black, horns, wingtips and frills, she also had a white underbelly, a star pattern under her wings and freckles.

This dragonet was GORGEOUS, "Twilight" Vibrance said while smiling down on her newly born dragonet.

Time Skip

Glory, Deathbringer and their sons were going to see the dragonet.

Once they arrived Vibrance welcomed them and told them that the dragonet was named, Twilight.

They entered a room to see Vigilante playing with Twilight, they were playing peek-a-boo. Vigilante noticed the guests and looked over at them and smiled.

Hunter(Hunter is Shadehunter's nickname) smiled back while his twin, Raindrop shrank back nervously. 

Hunter was a big extrovert while Raindrop was a huge introvert.

Vigilante looked at Raindrop giving him a warm smile again. 

Raindrop eventually smiled back, making Vigilante proud of his efforts.

Twilight was playing with Hunter, while Raindrop sat down, and started painting.

Raindrop loved painting, it was his home, and nothing else made him so happy, except his family. Raindrop loved his family with all his heart, but he didn't get how they could be so extroverted. The second best thing in his opinion was painting while meeting new people was like 50th.

Twilight and Hunter giggled making Raindrop look up "What is it?" He asked, his brother and Twilight turned to look at him making him shrink. 

"Oh, Twilight came up with a nickname for you," Hunter said while hiding a giggle.

"And what's this nickname?" Raindrop asked.

"RAINY!" Twilight declared which made Raindrop giggle.

Hunter looked at him surprised that his brother giggled but shrugged it off thinking maybe he was finally coming out of his shell.

The sun started to set so the royal family said their goodbyes and left.

Raindrop and Hunter had to go on their parent's backs since they hadn't learned how to fly yet.

A/N That's the end of chapter 6. 

620 words, my new longest.

Here is a reference to Twilight

Credits for the art goes to @RaintheDragoness12 on Devian Art

-Ethan