Chapter 13: A Joyful Night

The royal family were all huddled around Joy's egg as she was hatching tonight.

Hunter and Raindrop could barely stay still while their parents were lying on the ground. Next to each other, Glory's head was leaning on Deathbringer's chest.

The family had been quiet as the egg was taking the full attention.

The twins had already fallen asleep while their parents were barely awake, staring at the egg.

As sleep started to take them over. A crack appeared on the egg. Glory noticed the cracking and woke up the rest of the family.

They were all awake now, staring at the egg, waiting for it to hatch.

The egg continued to crack when the dragonet's snout finally burst through the shell. The new princess shoved her head out of the egg. She looked around the room, turning to see her family.

Her mum picked her up and looked in awe at her beautiful scales.

She is black, with lavender fading into a darker shade of purple along her back, with dark purple spikes, has a light grey underbelly, her horns are jet black, and she also has a light grey snout (I suck at descriptions).

"Hello, Joy," Glory whispered to the dragonet, getting a smile.

The twins were staring in awe at their sister, who was so cute and so small. Glory softly put the dragonet on the floor of the hut and watched as the dragonet attempted to walk, but tripped, falling to the ground.

The family muffled their giggles at the clumsy dragonet. In return, the dragonet gave them a confused look.

The dragonet ended up giving up on learning to walk, and instead started crawling over to her brothers. Her brothers crouched down to her eye level and started whispering to her.

"Hello, Joy" Raindrop whispered, examining her scales since he wanted to paint her.

"Hey, Joy" Shadehunter whispered while looking into her beautiful purple eyes.

Joy just let out a squeak, making the family giggle.

The small princess was confused why they were giggling at her. She kept on giving her family a puzzled look before her mother picked her up and put her in a hammock.

The princess fell asleep shortly after she was put into the hammock, while her parents were getting her brothers to bed.

A/N I'm SO sorry for how long it took me to update, I just had massive writer's block, and school has been really stressful, but I'll try to make up for the missing updates.

Also here is a reference to Joy

375 words

-Ethan