Chapter 28: Do we have to go home?

The rainforest...

Glory flew up to a platform and laid down. She slowly drifted off to sleep.

She was in a deep sleep when Sunny oddly appeared. She knew what this meant. Sunny was dream visiting her, and it wasn't good by the look on the hybrid's face.

"What happened?" Glory asked, ignoring all introductions. Sunny glanced down, a mixture of shock and grief on her face. 

"There was an explosion," Sunny said softly. "In the history cave. Two students died and two were injured." In the real world, Glory's scales turned to lime green and then changed to dark green before they calmed down.

Deathbringer frowned, He wondered what was making her nervous.

"Who died?" Glory demanded. Fear seeped through her. Joy, Hunter, and Raindrop would be fine... right? 

"A Skywing dragonet named Carnelian and a Nightwing named Bigtail. We figured we should tell you so you can notify his family." Sunny replied. Glory nodded her head, secretly relieved. "But there's more you should know about," Sunny added. "Tamarin was caught in the explosion, and Euphoria protected most people outside the cave. She's also the only reason Tamarin is alive. Clay's trying his best to save Tamarin, but he's unsure if she'll be alright." Glory sighed and looked at her friend.

"Is that all?" Glory asked, praying that it was. Sunny nodded

"We're addressing the students tomorrow and telling them that if they want to leave, dragons will escort them." She explained. "If you have any dragons that are up for it then it would be helpful." Glory thought for a moment.

"Don't worry," She said, "I'll come."

The next day...

Amber looked at Sunny, horrified. Leave the school? Why would anyone want to do that? What if her friends decided to leave? Who would she be friends with then? What if her father made her leave? Amber loved her mother and Salamander, and she missed them, but she didn't want to leave JMA. Not when she was making friends and having the best time of her life, except for the explosions and the possibility of dying.

Joy stared wide-eyed. This was it. She was going home. Father and mother would not let them stay here. They would show up and take all three of them home. Joy didn't want to leave. She wanted to stay and have fun with her friends. She knew her brothers wouldn't want to leave either. Raindrop wouldn't like leaving the art cave. He would probably rather die than go home. Hunter wouldn't go home unless Twilight did. JMA was a lot more interesting than the Rainforest. 

Clawflyer listened nervously. Mother and father wouldn't make him go home... right? Sure. they would probably like to know who's watching over Firefly while they're here, but they would still be worried about leaving both their dragonets home alone. If you asked Clawflyer. Sure, he missed his odd little sister. But he doesn't want to leave JMA, especially not Amber. Oh, and the other. But mostly Amber. That invisible hold she had on him, what was it? Love?

The next day, Glory, Deathbringer, and a few other dragons, that would guide the dragons home, arrived at JMA. Joy was walking to the Prey Center when she spotted her parents.

"DAD!" Joy yelled, barreling into her father's chest. His face broke out into a huge grin as he hugged her.

"Hey, Joy." He greeted.

"Don't hug her all to yourself," Glory commented, pulling Joy into a hug. Joy inhaled deeply, and sure enough, they smelt like home; the rainforest.

"I missed you," Joy started.

"We missed you too," Glory said, she squeezed Joy, then released her. 

"Now, where are your two brothers?" Glory asked. Joy grinned. "I'll go get them," She announced, running down one of the hallways.