Chapter 14: Introductions

A/N I will try to update a bit, but no promises since I've gotten huge writer's block, and my ideas are running dry.

The RainWings and NightWings were hurrying towards the royal pavilion to see the new princess.

Glory stepped out of the pavilion and was surprised to see 1000s of dragons. However, she soon remembered. She was there to introduce Joy to the kingdom.

Glory stepped back into the pavilion to find Joy.

Joy was awake, sitting up in her hammock. Glory entered the room and greeted Joy with a smile. Joy's scales lit up, and she excitedly leapt out of her hammock, rushing over to embrace her mother. Glory returned the embrace but reluctantly pulled away.

"Are you ready?" she asked.

"Yeah!" Joy exclaimed, bouncing up and down with excitement.

"Okay, let's go," Glory declared, leading the way out of the room with Joy trailing closely behind.

Finally, Glory emerged from the pavilion with Joy by her side.

Joy froze in place as she looked at the numerous dragons around her. She thought to herself, there... are so many d-dragons. Glory hit Joy lightly with her tail, bringing her back to reality.

Joy shyly smiled and waved.

All the RainWings waved at the new princess, looking happy in their pink scales, whereas the NightWings either stared in approval or disapproval at the new princess.

Glory looked at her daughter, noticing her shy demeanour. Her daughter's shyness wasn't disappearing, so Glory decided to speak up, "Hello everyone!" Glory shouted, getting everyone's attention.

"Meet your princess, Joy!" She announced, making everyone cheer. The cheers were all Joy needed to become confident.

"Joy, would you like to say anything?" Glory asked.

"Yes... but what could I say?" Joy asked back.

"Why don't you tell them about... how you are excited to become queen... that is if you are," Glory answered.

"Good idea, thanks!... mum," she exclaimed. Joy walked to the platform's edge, "Hello, my name is Joy, and I'm very excited to become queen and learn all about you and the rainforest!" She announced.

The nightwings are now approved by Joy's speech, as a princess needs to be ready.

Sunset

Glory was proud of her daughter, Joy. She had come out of her shell and spoke to dragons... other than family and friends.

Joy walked through the pavilion, finding the kitchen as dinner was nearly ready.

"Hello, Joy," Deathbringer acknowledged without turning to look.

"Hey, Dad. Is dinner nearly ready?" Joy asked while acknowledging her dad's presence.

"Yeah, about 5 minutes. Can you go get your brothers?" Deathbringer asked.

"Sure!" Joy exclaimed, already running out of the room.

Raindrop was painting a portrait of his family while Shadehunter was lying in his hammock reading a book. That was what they were doing when Joy ran in.

"GUYS!" Joy shouted, getting their attention. The twins turned to look at the noise that broke their silence.

"Yeah, what is it?" Raindrop asked.

"Dinner is ready," Joy exclaimed, already running out of the room. The twins got up and headed to the dining room.

The twins entered to see Glory, Deathbringer and Joy already sitting at the table, waiting for them.

"Ugh, finally, you're here. Took you guys an hour," Joy exaggerated.

"No, it didn't," Hunter retorted. Joy replied with an eye roll.

The twins made their way to their seats and sat down. The family started eating once the twins sat down.

A/N I'M SO SORRY FOR HOW LONG THIS UPDATE TOOK. I know about 1 MONTH... again I'm sorry. I was going to update, but I kept forgetting. I will attempt to get one more update out this weekend, but I can't promise.

521 words

-Ethan