Chapter 15: Mango

A/N The chapters after this aren't new. I removed Chapter 13 (The new chapter 13 is 'A Joyful Night') and added this instead because it would go better with the plot I had thought of.

Mango groaned. Her aunt Glory had just had another dragonet. The worst part was that it was a girl.

Mango was fine with Raindrop and Hunter, but Joy. She hated her. Joy could challenge the throne and ruin her plans to take it. She could... ruin everything.

Mango had planned to take the throne since she discovered that Glory was her aunt.

She had a plan on how to eliminate her rival, Joy.

Mango went over to the nearly destroyed painting of Glory and pulled out some throwing knives.

Mango walked out of her room. Jambu was away collecting fruit with his new boyfriend, Pineapple. 

She walked outside and flew off towards the Royal Pavilion. 

At the Royal Pavilion

Deathbringer was waiting outside the Royal Pavilion while Glory had a meeting. 

Joy was walking around looking for someone to play with. Raindrop was in his room painting, and Hunter was playing with Twilight. 

She went around a corner and saw Deathbringer waiting patiently beside a door. She bounded over to him.

"Hey, Dad," Joy greeted while smiling.

"Hello, Joy," Deathbringer said.

"Can we play tag?" She asked with a smile.

"Uh..." Deathbringer paused, "Well..." He sighed. It was hard to resist Joy. "Fine," He gave in, and Joy smiled. 

"Tag, you're it!" Joy exclaimed and started running. Deathbringer laughed and jogged after Joy.

Mango watched from a tree nearby. Killing Joy wouldn't be a problem, but Deathbringer would be. 

Deathbringer could easily overpower her. But that's the reason she got some throwing knives. 

Mango believed she was good at throwing. However, she hadn't hit a moving target before.

She took one out of her neck bag. She waited for the perfect moment. She threw it.

Deathbringer noticed something shiny coming out of the trees... it was a knife. He leapt in front of Joy, covering her with his wing.

The knife hit his wing. He looked up and saw a Rainwing in the trees. Deathbringer's eyes widened. It was Mango.

Mango flew down to the pavilion and looked at Deathbringer. 

"Hello, uncle," She grumbled. Deathbringer stared at her, sizing her up.

"What do you want, Mango?" Deathbringer asked.

"Oh, not much, just want to kill your daughter," She smiled.

Deathbringer didn't understand what her motive was. He guessed it had to do with the throne. 

The two dragons stared at each other. Pineapple made the first move by quickly lunging at Deathbringer. She knew he wouldn't dodge. Deathbringer didn't dodge and took the slash to his wing, still protecting Joy. 

"You not going to fight back?" Mango teased.

Deathbringer stared coldly and leapt at her. Mango had barely any time to react. Deathbringer had her pinned. He smiled, "Is that all you've got." Mango stared at him. She quickly turned invisible, leaving Deathbringer confused for a moment. This allowed her to slip out. Mango pulled out a knife and lunged at him.

Glory had just finished her meeting with Grandeur. She exited the Royal Pavilion and saw Deathbringer fighting a Rainwing. She quickly noticed that it was her niece, Mango.

"What's going on here?" Glory asked.

Joy looked towards Glory and sprinted towards her mother.

"That Rainwing started attacking daddy," Joy squeaked.

Glory looked at the two, "Mango, why are you attacking Deathbringer?" Glory asked.

Mango and Deathbringer finally noticed the Queen.

"Because he interfered with my plans," Mango said.

"What plans?" Glory questioned.

"To kill Joy," Deathbringer gritted through his teeth. Glory's eyes widened, and soon she was walking over to Mango.

Mango noticed that she couldn't win this fight, so she fled.

Glory stared at the fleeing Rainwing and then back at he husband. Deathbringer got up. 

Jambu arrived at the Royal Pavilion a while later. He quickly introduced his boyfriend, Pineapple, to Glory. Glory welcomed Pineapple. But she quickly looked back at Jambu.

"Why did Mango try to kill Joy?" Glory asked instantly.

Jambu froze, wondering what she meant by that.

"What? Mango tried to kill Joy?" He asked. Glory nodded

"Do you have any thoughts on why?" She questioned.

"Well, she really wants to be Queen..." Jambu admitted.

Glory quickly understood why. Joy was the only heir apart from her. Eliminate Joy and a clear path to the throne.

A/N OK, I changed the plot a bit. Mango will come back later in the story, she ain't finished yet.

677 words

-Ethan