Chapter 26: No More History

Euphoria walked into her sleeping caven and heard Moon mumble, "Jade Mountain... between thunder and ice... lost city of night."

Moon jumped awake, she looked at the door to see Euphoria, who looked at her suspiciously.

On the way to class

Moon walked towards her second class, History. She was alone when pain suddenly stabbed her in the head. She gasped as a vision appeared.

The history cave, burning, her winglet, all burning. They continued as she got closer to the cave. Sora crying over Umber's dead body. Amber screaming as everyone burned around her.

"What's up with you?" An icy voice asked, "Some kind of Nightwing seizure?"

"Please don't go in there?" Moon begged. "Something terrible is going to-"

"What something terrible? How do you know?" Winter questioned.

"Hey, leave her alone!" Qibli yelled. Moon put her talons in front of Winter. "Stop! Don't go in! No one can go in!"

Joy, Hunter, Kinkajou, and Twilight came to their class to see a begging Moon. "PLEASE LISTEN!"

"What's happening?" Joy whispered to Qibli. "She's losing her mind," he whispered.

Joy patted Moon's shoulder, "What's happening?" Moon looked at Joy, "No one can go in there," she pointed at the history cave. Joy raised an eyebrow and sighed, "Hey, Carnelian. Don't go in there." Carnelian looked at Joy, "And why can't I?" She asked. Joy thought for a second, "Because the sky's blue," Carnelian mumbled something and walked in.

"Is Tamarin in there?" Kinkajou asked.

Euphoria approached them and was about to enter when an explosion occurred. Launching her back. She lay on the ground, grunting, then shakily stood up and ran into the cave.

Amber saw the burning cave in the hallway with Raindrop and Clawflyer.

She sprinted into the flames. Everyone was stunned by her actions.

Euphoria emerged with a balled-up white RainWing. Clay dashed through the halls and leapt into the flames. Clay and Amber came out with Carnelian and a NightWing.

"Tamarin!" Kinkajou yelped and ran to her friend. "Please wake up,"

Sunny stood in the hallway eyes wide as she looked at two dead students and one half-dead student.

"Tamarin is still alive," Euphoria said with her talons on Tamarin's neck.

"These two are dead," Clay sighed.

Kelp looked at the near-dead Rainwing.

"The lake," he said suddenly. "If we put her in a lake, it'll help the burns, right?" Clay nodded

"That's a good idea," Clay said. He looked around at the rest of the dragons, " Is everyone else okay?" He asked. The dragonets nodded. He looked towards Euphoria. who had protected the students outside of the cave. "Can someone take Euphoria to the infirmary?" He asked. "I can," Amber offered. Clay nodded.

"And someone else go find the other teachers and tell them what happened," he instructed. He ran after Kelp with Tamarin on his back.

"Come on, Euphoria," Amber said, she started walking. 

"I'll be fine," Euphoria growled. Euphoria's vision started to blur, she spread her legs to stabilise herself, as she started to fall to the ground.

She collapsed and Moon managed to catch her. 

"Can someone help me?" Amber asked, " I don't think I can carry her." 

"Sure," Clawflyer said.

The two students walked towards the infirmary with another dragon on their back.

In the infirmary

The two were alone apart from the sleeping Euphoria.

"Thank you," Amber said, Clawflyer looked at her.

"For what?" He asked. 

"For helping me carry her here," She said referring to Euphoria. Clawflyer glanced down and sat next to her.

"You don't have to thank me," 

"I know," She replied, smiling at him, "But I want to," He smiled.

"GUYS!" Joy yelled making the two jump, "You busy?"

"Yes," Clawflyer mumbled under his breath, Amber heard him and shook her head at Joy while smothering a laugh.

"Good. Then come quick!"

"What happened?" Amber asked, standing up.

"Winter is threatening Moon because he thinks she did it," Joy explained. They stared at her.

"Is he really that dumb?" Amber questioned. Clawflyer smothered a laugh.

"I don't know, probably. But he's demanding Moon to tell him how she knew." Joy went on. Clawflyer's face fell. He knew how Moon had known, but no one was supposed to find out.

If they knew the truth about Moon, then what would stop them from finding the truth about him?

By the time they got there, they knew half of it. Turtle, Kelp, Stream, Deep, Pearl, Seabringer, Qibli, Kinkajou, Twilight, Raindrop, and Hunter, stood there shocked.

"What's wrong?" Amber asked when they arrived.

"She has visions of the future," Hunter said in disbelief. Joy and Amber gasped, but Clawflyer didn't react. He was the only one who tried to make eye contact with her. But she didn't look up. 

"Who else knows about this?" Qibli questioned, "Can all Nightwing see the future?"

"No one knows," Moon replied softly. She looked up and met Clawflyer's eyes. A flash of confusion went through hers as she spotted the horror he felt at Qibli's second question.

Could it be? she wondered. "And," she continued. "As far as I know, no one in the tribe can do this."

"Is that it?" Raindrop asked, "Or is there anything else we should know?" There was a pause as Raindrop and Hunter looked at each other. 

"Can you read minds?" The twins asked. 

Moon looked down. She knew what would happen if she lied. 

"Yes," she admitted. "I can. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I can't help it. It just happens; It's always happening. I can't turn it off. Please, please, don't tell anyone."

Raindrop put his talon on her shoulder. "It's okay," Joy growled, "It's not okay. She knows everything,  she knows everyone's secrets. Don't you?" Moon shook her head.

"No! I can't dig through your minds." She cried The thought that they all had except Hunter, and Raindrop, made her want to die.

But how can we trust you? when you've been lying to us this entire time? How can we trust anything you say?

"Moon I understand." Raindrop suddenly said. Everyone looked at him. "Hunter and I can also read minds, but we have a limit. We can only read each other's mind and no one else's," Joy looked at her older brothers.

"Why don't Mum and Dad know about this?" Joy asked. Raindrop and Hunter looked at each other and sighed. "We decided it would be best to keep it a secret."

A/N I was going to end this chapter around 400 words. But I had nothing else to do so I just kept writing and came out with this.

1058 words

-Ethan