47

Draco asked Blaise a few days later to help him. He did not want to make it seem as though he was forgiving the boy just so that he could use him, although that was what sort of happened...but he had thought things over and his Godfather was right, he needed to have someone come with him to meet the Fae Prince, and he did not truthfully trust many people. He wondered what the Prince was going to do, but Mingyu had been kind to him the entire time, it was just his stupid older brother that had mucked things up, and from what Draco could tell, there had already been quite a few severe consequences as a reasult. Really, this summer was something Draco had trully never expected, and he was not yet sure if that was a good thing, or bad...or both.

First his father gets jailed, then his mother, then on top of that the Weasleys of all people take him in, and Blaise betrayed him (technically though Draco supposed he could forgive the slight oversight as he knew Blaise was desperate, though that did not justify the betrayal, something he had taken time to drill into Blaise's head the last few days), his godfather was not sent for, one of the Weasley to be decided to send him to a Veela court, he was treated both extremely well and then not so in accordance, and had escaped. He wondered how many of the people that the Veela court took in to aid in transitions escaped before...he would wager not much. Now he was stuck trying to prepare for his father's inevitable return, and he was also stuck visiting a foreign prince of a highly renouned clan of magical peoples.

He really hoped Blaise was up for it...and the other would be able to keep his mouth shut about certain things. He had no idea what the Prince wanted, other than to supposedly talk, but there was a risk that this was not the Second Prince at all, and merely some sort of diversion of disguse to get back at him and kidnap him back to the Veela Realm. He did not finish his transition there, after all, he suspected they would want to ensure that he managed to do so fully...which he had but they did not need to know about the clawing aching sadness that had overtaken him and almost caused him to loose his mind. The reality was he had not done so, and so he was fine.

Of course, there was not much that he and Blaise could do against a Veela prince, but what they could do is hold them off until they got back to the Hogwarts Castle if necessary. Plus, Draco could always get his house elf to return him to the school if the Prince did try and snatch him. Not that he felt as though that was an issue. For some reason...if this had been the other one, he would have no doubts, but Mingyu had not given him that impression. in fact, he had been the only one to really take him seriously and pay attention to what was going on. Something which Draco definitely appreciated. It was the main reason he was willing to put himself at such risk, well that and the risks of not doing so. If his father found out, for instance, Draco did not want to worry about what could happen.

"Are you certain about this?" blaise asked once more as they exited the castle doors. Draco nodded mutely. He was not sure, in all reality, but he knew he had to do it nonetheless. If he did not figure out what the Prince wanted now, there was an increased likelihood that they just would not leave him alone. He was not sure he wanted to deal with letters being constantly sent to him for the rest of the school year. Plus, he had honestly no idea whether Fleur would snitch once more. She had done it once, and while Draco understood why she had, it made it no less annoying that she had done so. If she would have left things well enough alone, this would not have bothered happening anyways. As it were, he was stuck trying to figure out what he should do entirely anchorless. "I am just saying, if you do not really want to do this, you should not push yourself to do so." Draco shrugged.

"If I do not do it now, I will merely continue to be hounded about meeting, so it is better to do it now than have to deal with the ensuing notes being constantly passed to me as they try and set up a meeting." Draco admitted just as quietly as Blaise as they continued to walk the trail to Hogsmede. Draco understood Blaise's recitence, and he could not blame him either. He was grateful to his godfather for admitting to him that there was no evidence to link Blaise to his father's incarceration. As much as he knew Blaise felt as though he should give up his worries of his father getting out of prison, Draco could not...and likely would not.

"I suppose, who is this person anyways?" Draco's eyes widened slightly as he paused momentarily in their progress to the small wizarding town.

"I forgot to tell you that." He said, masking his nervousness relatively well. "It is someone I met through the summer, in the Veela realm, they're just being annoyingly persistent since my stay in their abode was...lackluster at best."

"Veela...what happened?" Blaise asked, his voice a hushed whisper. "That is why you came to school a bit late isn't it?" Draco nodded. Blaise shook his head, air shoved through his lungs as he exhaled. "I guess it shouldn't be surprising that you are partially Veela, just look at your hair." Blaise playfully flicked a strand of the Malfoy Heir's hair, leaving Draco to duck under his arm and glare.

"I will have you know every Malfoy has this shade..." He grumbled softly, but couldn't stop the calming of his previously racing heart at the Italian's teasing.