7

The next morning, Draco was holed up in his room. He was not exactly what one would call eager to get on with the day. He had to deal with an entire summer of the Weasley's. Not only that, but the home itself was too...homey. To nice. Draco did not like that, he did not like that because it was not something he was used to. Of course he should have been used to it, after all he spend almost an entire year at Hogwarts every year, but that was totally besides the point. The main point was that, the Manor was impersonal. Sure, it was a gorgeous mansion. Lovely grounds, beautiful artifacts, and sculptures, gates, rooms, library. Everything was simply lovely. But the point was, it was impersonal. It was for show. Everything. From the way the room was laid out, to the things that was placed in the room. Any type of light, showy, and sculpture was for show, and the grounds to impress. There was nothing personal about it. If you looked into Draco's room, there would be almost nothing that showed his personality. Except perhaps his broom, but that was it. Even then, it was not something about him. His own personality. Now, the color scheme was his favorite, green and silver. It just so happened that that was his house colors as well. His house had nothing to do with his favorite colors. But any posters, other than the ones his father placed on the walls, there were no toys, no colorful blankets, no decorated dressers, not one thing that really showed who Draco was as a person. 

In someways, Draco liked that. The fact that his room was so impersonal helped him deal with the crappy things that happened at home. It made it seem as if he did not exist, and that was what was most helpful. As if he could escape without anyone noticing, as if he were invisible. It was an interesting feeling to realize that he was really not. invisibility was a weapon for him, something that he could wield about easily and simply. It was an escape hatch. Invisible personality meant that he could switch it on and off when it suited him, and be the person that his father desperately wanted him to be. Or, at the very least try to be. Here, at the Weasley house, it was so different. It was something that he was having difficulty really putting into place. He did not fit and it was incredibly unnerving that no matter how hard he tried he could not really put the teachings of his father away and embrace this new family's way of life. Though he supposed it should not come as a surprise as much as it did.

"Malfoy!" came the yell of a Weasley. Draco sighed.

"Master Draco, Bobby thinks that you should go see whats they want." The house elf interjected.

"Probably should." Draco sighed. "But I really do not want to. At home at least I did not have to deal with people all that much. Mother and Lucius sometimes, sure, but not a bunch of people, and even them not all the time. Maybe three times a day, for breakfast lunch and dinner, but other than that I was usually left to my own devices. Now people are yelling out my name."

"Well, you haven't had breakfasts yet. Maybe that is what theys is wanting to call you for." Draco groaned. 

"MALFOY! FOOD!" That was Ron. Great. Note the sarcasm. Sighing, Draco slipped on a silver button up T-Shirt, and emerald slacks. He had no jeans, and nor did he ever need any. Firstly, because as a Malfoy, he was not to lower himself to the level of others by playing outside, and second, even if he did go outside for his own frivolous purposes, he was taught how to keep his clothes immaculant. Plus he knew a good variety of spells to help with cleaning clothes, and clothing itself. Brushing his teeth, hair, and making sure that he was presentable, took merely five minutes, of strict routine. After that he simply waved his hand over towards the bed, letting it make itself perfectly, before turning to Bobby. 

"Keep an eye on the manor. It would not do to have it fall to ruin. Get the other House-Elves to help. Tidy it, do all the normal chores, except food. That is unneeded. And Bobby, make sure to rest whenever it is needed."

"Yes, Master Draco." Draco smiled slightly as Bobby 'Cracked' out of the room. Whirling around, he waltzed out of the room. Despite having just barely woken up looking utterly perfect to the eye.

"There you are. What did you do? Take forever getting dressed?" Ron sneered. Draco's eyes flashed slightly, before he closed them, took a deep collective breath, and opened them again. 

"No, as a matter of fact, I only woke up just over ten minutes ago." That had Ginny staring.

"Ten minutes? For real?"

"Yes," He said, with a slight eye roll. 

"You look like you just stepped out of a magazine!" She shrieked.

"At most it takes me fifteen minutes to ready myself in the morning, for the rest of the day."

"You have got to teach me." Ginny said, eyes sparkling. Mr. And Mrs. Weasley looked on fondly. 

"I suppose, I can try." Draco said, a bit hesitant. Ginny clapped her hands, bouncing up and down, before rushing over and giving him a hug, which had Draco stiffening like a rod, and moving his hands to the side, eyes wide in shock and a bit of confusing, he looked at the Weasley twins for help. 

"You are suppose to wrap your arms around her." Fred said helpfully. Draco tossed a grateful look over his way. He slowly wrapped his arms around Ginny's slender build, before instantly retracting them and pulling away from the hug.

"Right, well, perhaps we should continue with the morning, shall we?" He asked, drawing attention to the table and food, rather than himself.