3

Draco was let out of the Hospital wing the next morning before breakfast. Something he was quite grateful for. He treked up to the Slytherin common room, Severus having informed him of the first password of the year, given that he had missed the Prefect informing him as they normally would. He was grateful to see that at the very least his personal affects had been delivered right to his normal room. He took a spare set of robes and took to taking a shower. He did not necessarily need one, but he wanted one. It was calming, soothing even, and Draco was quite eager for it. He did not really want to talk to anyone, and he certainly did not want to be there when his dorm mates tried to talk to him before first period. He knew that Blaise, for sure, would have quite a few questions that he was just simply not prepared to answer. He tried to avoid everyone, but that was impossible, as he had classes. He was lucky enough to manage to hide from everyone, and collect himself decently after the fiasco that was yesterday. Luckily, the goodie trio had been sworn to silence, and he had been assured by Severus that neither Albus nor McGonagall would attempt to look into things further. Not that they could. It was still something that aided his ability to settle. Furthermore, he had been informed his father would not be contacted about his trip to the infirmary. Something that Severus had managed to pull, though Draco did not dare ask how he had managed it. It was enough that it was managed in the first place.

 Herbology was his first class. Though Draco was not fond of Herbology, he knew that it was quite useful. Knowing the various magical plants was always incredibly useful. Whether it be for potions, healing draughts, or simple knowing what was likely to kill you or heal you. It was very important, and Draco could recognize the importance of such things, as such, he paid very close attention to Herbology, unlike many of the other students, (mostly Gryffindors) who seemed to think that it was unnecessary. So Draco slowly made his was to the class, which was on the other end of the castle. He was close to managing to make it without being interrupted, however, unfortunately, Draco was intercepted by Harry, who wanted to talk to him. Draco glared at Harry, unable to mask the fear, or the anger, in his eyes. After all, Harry had seen him in a weak point, and whether he had sworn secrecy or otherwise, Draco hated it. Harry noticed Draco's fear, but didn't mention it. That would be rude. 

"Dumbledore says that you were burned. Then the cruciatus curse was used. Are you feeling okay?" Draco's temper finally snapped. It was enough to have to deal with the questions that he had needed to deal with last night from adults, but to have such a pathetic person asking him about such things really just tested him more then he was really able to handle.

"My father did not do it so..." Draco abruptly cut himself off, his eyes widened at what he said. He closed his eyes breathing in carefully. He had to be more careful. So far he had lost himself quite a few times. It was beginning to grate on him. though he could understand, after all he had a rather bad beating, worse then usual, and usually he had a few days before coming to Hogwarts to handle it but his emotions were still raw and at the surface, which was getting to be more a nuisance then anything else.

"Your father? Lucius?" Harry rapidly questioned, eyes taking on a curious glint to them. Wanting to know more, of course. Draco grit his teeth, eyes returning the stare but anger filling them instead.

"Forget I said that!" Draco spat out angrily, voice low. If Lucius were to know how close he had slipped, it would not end well at all in anyway whatsoever. Though Draco did not really know how his father would find out there was always a possibility and that was not something that he really wanted. Draco nearly broke down. "Just don't say anything Potter!" Draco said eyes dark, turning on his heel and stalking away from Harry.

Harry was confused. Lucius was Draco's abuser. He was horrified. Who could do that to their own son? Harry told Hermione and Ron during lunch, and they were shocked. Perhaps he should have respected Draco's wishes, but that was...not really on his mind at that moment.

"Are you sure, I mean, that's big thing to accuse someone of." Hermione said, eyes widening in shock. 

"Well, Draco sort of let it slip." Harry sheepishly stated. "Then he seemed scared once he realized what he had done." Harry said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Are you sure he wasn't angry?" Ron asked, Harry shrugging his shoulders in response. Hermione sighed heavily, rolling her eyes at the other's carelessness.

It was almost Christmas break. He had gotten rather lucky. None of the professors questioned him, and after a week of being isolated and really working with himself, he had managed to get back to his typical self. It was a good thing, because he had already known that his father would not be happy that he had not managed to handle himself well enough. Given that Draco had gotten a letter from his father demanding him to come home for the break he had to have known something was up. Draco had been having constant nightmares, and avoided even his friends. Blaise seemed worried, but did not dare to approach the subject with him knowing that it would do no good.

As such, Draco sat alone on the train leaving Hogwarts, dreading the break. His father was bound to give him impossible tasks, and punish him several times. After all, that was only if his father had not figured out what happened at Hogwarts. Draco began to tremble as the train stopped at the platform. He curled his hands into fists, digging his nails into his palms, trying to compose himself, finally Draco stood and got off the train. Lucius Malfoy strode up to him.

"Hold my staff." The wizard said curtly. Draco, of course, obeyed immediately. Lucius apparated, and they appeared at the gates of the Malfoy manor.

"Go inside, stay in your room until sent for, do I make myself clear?" Lucius asked.

"Yes, Father," Draco bowed his head and left.