4

Draco quickly walked up two stories to his room before his father changed his mind. He was likely to do so and he would rather be out of sight as much as possible. Though his father would likely remember he was there as he was simply not that lucky, it was best to stay away from his father as much as possible when on breaks. He could not wait until the vacation was over.

Draco's room was simple, having only a bed,, simple dresser, and desk as well. Everything was in green, and silver. Naturally as that was the Slytherin colours. Draco actually rather liked the Slytherin colours, though most would assume that he did not. They gave off a sense of peace and cool calmness. Something which Draco enjoyed immensely. Most of Draco's clothes were in blacks, greens, and silvers as well. Something which Draco liked, as he felt that they really complimented him more other colours. Despite how cruel that Lucius was, Draco was grateful his father had listened to his clothing preferences. It was one of the kinder things that Lucius had done for him.

Draco waited for his father to call him down for dinner. Though he was dreading spending the Christmas break here as he knew that his father probably would not be any different than usual, at the same time he could not help but be happy as well. Even though the entire break was undoubtedly going to be dreadful and ridiculous, his father could have also just as easily decided he did not want him there, which he was certain would hurt far more.

Suddenly, Draco's name was hollered from downstairs. "Draco Lucius Malfoy get down here! Supper is ready!" With a groan Draco walked down the stairs, his father was in a bad mood, and that was never good. Naturally, Draco had to remind himself that his father was usually in a bad mood.

Dinner went okay much to his great surprise, besides the fact that there was absolutely no talking, and barely any breathing, and Draco was continuously told to fetch things that his father wanted, and slapped when he was not fast enough. However, he had expected it to be far worse so it was a decent improvement. He knew that it would not stay the same the entire break, and by the time dinner was done, Draco had gotten slapped at least three times by his father, but it was not really all that bad. He had been expecting more then that. Being slapped had not really particularly bothered him that much to be honest, as in some of his father's really foul moods, he had gotten worse for not  fetching something fast enough. 

All in all, Christmas break was filled with fear and desperate attempts to avoid Lucius. Given the fact that Lucius saw no harm in using the torture curse on his own son, and Draco's utter terror of his father, this worked out pretty well. That is, until the early morning of the last day, when Draco was supposed to return to Hogwarts. 

Draco was woken up to angry shouts. He knew at once that it was Lucius. His mother rarely shouted, for fear of Lucius' backlash. How she could love him and be scared of him at the same time, especially after all the times that Lucius had tortured his son, Draco was unsure. he guess, maybe Lucius had been a better man at some point, but that man was long past gone, but his mother was holding onto that image of the person that she had loved before. It was the only thing that he could really think of that truly made sense.

He heard Lucius' voice grow louder in more rage, and he heard Narcissa, Draco's mother, plead on behalf of someone. Then Draco's heart filled with fear. Narcissa was pleading on behalf of his case. Nobody else would so suddenly send Lucius into such a fit of rage. Draco sat on his bed in utter terror, wondering what he had done this time. The Christmas Break had went by perfectly fine, until now. Now, now that Draco was about to return to Hogwarts in less than two hours, something had gone terribly wrong. What was more infuriating was that Draco had no clue what it was. Why was his father so angry at him. He had not done anything that he could think of besides... Draco groaned as he realized what must have sent his father into the rage. He must have figured out that Granger and her friends had helped him off the train, despite his protests, when he first arrived at Hogwarts. It would not have been so bad, if it had just been Potter and Weasely, but considering Granger was muggle-born, Lucius would no doubt be in full force wrath by now. 

Draco attempted to stand once he heard the footsteps pounding up the staircase. He knew by their heaviness that they belonged to Lucius, and that he was really, really, angry. The door to Draco's room flew open and banged on the opposite wall. Draco glanced up and saw his father in a full anger mode. His wand already at the ready. Draco groaned inwardly and attempted to prepare for the pain that was about to come upon him, but no matter how many times that the Cruciatus curse was used, the victim still never got used to the pain. 

"Crucio!" Lucius yelled, and Draco dropped the the ground, pain flaring up inside his body. It felt as if his entire body was encased in flames. Draco bit his lip until it bled to keep from crying out. Then the spell was lifted. However, if Draco knew his father at all, it was that he was not finished with him yet. Another blast of the torturing curse hit Draco, and it felt worse than being hit by a race car going fifty miles per hour. Digging his nails into his palms, Draco managed to keep from screaming out in pain. The curse was lifted again, but immediately blasted into him once more. This time worse than the previous two. Draco screamed in utter agony, as the curse ran its course. Draco fell on the floor on his back, pain filling every ounce of his body.